Egr Block off plate

theplumber

Reaction score
Can some one PM me cause i want to buy plate to install my SCT egt sensor in my truck
And the plate i have for my mini maax dosen't fit
For my sct probe.
Thanks

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If your existing plate works with the factory egt probe, all you need is a 1/4 to 1/8 NPT reducer in order to install the sct probe not a whole block off plate!

Make sure the probe is long enough to actually reach the exhaust flow though. Some aren't and you'll get a bad reading by using an adapter. This is a well known issue with adapters.

Reaction score
Make sure the probe is long enough to actually reach the exhaust flow though. Some aren't and you'll get a bad reading by using an adapter. This is a well known issue with adapters.

You are correct! You can find short adapters that will work. Just make sure the tip of the probe is centered in the exhaust manifold to have accurate readings!

Reaction score
A lttle off subject but I can't wait to see your turbo kit when it's finally available to us canadians :D

We still have to finalize some design work on a few things but we hope to begin testing soon!

As for a reducer, Mcmaster as a low profile stainless steel one which can be found here http://www.mcmaster.com/#4464k381/=11amspm

This one is just over a 1/4" shorter then most reducers.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
In case somebody tries it, don't use a brass reducer. The melting temp is too low.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It's good. I googled the melting temps once and if I remember correctly, stainless was around 2000*. Whatever it was is higher than 1500-1600* and I figured that was a safer alternative.

Latest posts

Members online