EGR Del, what all comes off with it?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Sounds extremely stupid and juvenile but i've never even had my hands on on one but i've been looking at different EGR delete kits and mostly im seeing just little block off plates. Ok I got the concept but once the plates are installed, is the egr cooler also removed? I know my buddies truck doesnt have a cooler by im not exactly sure what EGR Del hes got. Im also looking at intake elbows because im going with an intake elbow and CAC while im at it. Why would I need ports?

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Thanks white monster. I was 90% it was for goodies but wasnt sure. And what is a ptps lol

dommel01

Reaction score
i put one on my truck travis, its a pain, but the cooloers come off, block off plates go where the coolers connected to the up pipe and the block, i have a flow pro its a good deal like 250 i think with the delete and intake elbow. got it from performance truck products

mortal798

Reaction score
Coolers and cooler brackets come off. I just did mine, got the Sinister kit from Mike's Diesel Performance. I makes a lot more space around the engine.

fat-fingered from my EPIC 4G

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You dont have to take the coolers off if you dont want to, if you look for a kit that has very thin block plates you can slide them between the coolers, like i said its up to you and how factory you want it to look under the hood, me personally, yank all that crap, it will suck but pull the left inner fender and left battery, drain the coolant and take the degas bottle out and it will be alot better

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Watch this vid. It has a lot of good tips. Its not a delete but you will get a feel for what to do.
http://youtu.be/g9Qj5VGLh0Y

That's Rusty, he is a really smart guy but there is a lot easier way to remove the coolers that doesn't involve removing all the other surrounding parts. I'll have to see if we can do a video of it for the next one I do.

As to the OP's question, depending on who's kit and what all parts are included most all of them remove the coolers other than the cheap block of plate kits.

BFT

Reaction score
IMO... You have to drain the coolant, then take off the degas bottle.

-disconnect batteries 8mm
-drain coolant. There is a stem that comes out off the side on the drain, put a 1/4 vacuum hose (or any hose) so the mess will be minimal. Only turn the drain about 1/2 to 1 full turn
-8mm to remove the cables and hold down for driver side battery.
-13mm to remove the tray (be careful when pulling the tray out since the vacuum line is attached) remove misc lines on the degas bottle and lower degas bottle hose.
-there is one bolt connecting the steering linkage (13mm I think?) and separate it.

This should give you LOTS of room to work with. It should take you about 6 hours or so to do if you are replacing the elbow and CAC pipe.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
IMO... You have to drain the coolant, then take off the degas bottle.

-disconnect batteries 8mm
-drain coolant. There is a stem that comes out off the side on the drain, put a 1/4 vacuum hose (or any hose) so the mess will be minimal. Only turn the drain about 1/2 to 1 full turn
-8mm to remove the cables and hold down for driver side battery.
-13mm to remove the tray (be careful when pulling the tray out since the vacuum line is attached) remove misc lines on the degas bottle and lower degas bottle hose.
-there is one bolt connecting the steering linkage (13mm I think?) and separate it.

This should give you LOTS of room to work with. It should take you about 6 hours or so to do if you are replacing the elbow and CAC pipe.

Those are all good tips but you honestly don't even have to do all of that, if you just unbolt the oil dip stick tube and steering shaft ( make sure wheels are straight before unbolting and steering wheel is lined up with the wheels when re assembling it ) once the coolant plugs are in and all is removed off the lower cooler you can slide it out towards the rear pretty easily and it will shave a good amount of time off the install.

Mugsy

Reaction score
It isn't that bad if a job to do. I did mine and my dads in two nights including replacing the egr valve with a new intake elbow. Just give yourself time and get that crap off.

funyun

Reaction score
You dont have to take the coolers off if you dont want to, if you look for a kit that has very thin block plates you can slide them between the coolers, like i said its up to you and how factory you want it to look under the hood, me personally, yank all that crap, it will suck but pull the left inner fender and left battery, drain the coolant and take the degas bottle out and it will be alot better

Is there any specific kit you had in mind that works best if someone wanted to keep the coolers in there like you mentioned?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
This is all the crap you get rid of without doing the elbow, EGR valve, and the intake butterfly valve (whatever it's called.)

a85aea1f.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.