EGR delete question

faster7581

Reaction score
I ordered a EGR delete with elbow and the intercooler cold air pipe. Only the delete came in today, the elbow and pipe wont be in until monday, I had time set aside to do it tommorow( saturday ) my question is, can I just install the the delete, then the pipe and elbow later, or will I be doing a bunch of extra work, by doing part now, part later? Also, about how long should it take, i've read from 2 days to 2-3 hours.. Im a jetski/motorcycle mechanic, and used to work on cars, so I know my way around tools.
Thanks
Mike B

78f100

Reaction score
I haven't done one with the cab on but I wouldn't think it would be more than 4/5 hours. You will need to wait till you have it all.

faster7581

Reaction score
I haven't done one with the cab on but I wouldn't think it would be more than 4/5 hours. You will need to wait till you have it all.

Man, I was hoping that wasnt the case, I want to get it over with now.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You can go ahead and do it now. Will you need to drive your truck Sunday? If everything came today but the elbow and CAC pipe you can go ahead and do it, and I would even go ahead and pull the radiator core support bracket so you can grind it down a bit

faster7581

Reaction score
You can go ahead and do it now. Will you need to drive your truck Sunday? If everything came today but the elbow and CAC pipe you can go ahead and do it, and I would even go ahead and pull the radiator core support bracket so you can grind it down a bit

Yes, i need it to launch my boat on sunday.

BFT

Reaction score
If you had an extra delete plate you can cover the port on the factory elbow and do the entire delete minus the aftermarket elbow and CAC pipe.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
with the cab on the guy who works for us said it was a piuta.it was his first 6.4 egr delete though, cooler bolts rung off. not many miles (70k)

webb06

Reaction score
ive never had any problems doing an egr delete cab on. takes 4-5 hours start to finish for me. im a pretty small guy though so that helps. usually only problems i ever run in to are the lower cooler bolts that connect to the exhaust pipe round off and i have to use a cutting wheel to get the cooler out. takes patience working the lower cooler out but its very very doable.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I think it could be done after you have done a few and no bolts break. Most of my time was spent cutting one of the bolts for the horizontal cooler along with figuring out which way to hold my tongue around my head to twist the coolers out.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
1.5 can be done... undo the steering shaft and remove dipstick. once lower cooler if out, access to the bolts is very easy...

Latest posts

Members online