Egr delete

Idiesel

Reaction score
I would think so, but if we have an H&S unit that doesnt require it I would Imagine it is disabled in the tuning, so even if we used the street diesel kit and kept the coolant sensor it wouldnt do us much good

Well does it delete the ability to read it or just keep the code from popping up? And if we have a problem with the secondary system how do we know without a way to monitor it?

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
Okay I gathered some info on this. It deletes the sensor all together is what H&S told me. You can't read it and clears the code. But do y'all worry about the something ever getting hot or going wrong in the secondary system and not having a sensor to go off to tell you or monitor?

Sent from my iPhone

powerstroke451

Reaction score
sorry to reopen old threads as a new user on here.. but I ordered a sinister egr delete, Spartan phalanx, and MBRP 4".. just so I am clear.. the sinister delete wont work on its own without throwing the check engine light? I need to order the coolant tube from street diesel? is there anyway around this at all?

Bgrish

Reaction score
Unfortunately I called and talked to spartan diesel several times about my 2011 and told them I had the sinister delete as well as a cai and 5" flopro with all deletes, they assured me that the phalanx would work no problem...after buying a coolant temp sensor and paying my local ford shop diagnostic time etc, we figured out that you need another part to use the phalanx without check engine light...I've called spartan several times to return my phalanx based on the fact that I was told by them that it WOULD work flawlessly with my mods and it doesn't. Not have I not gotten a response from the owner after leaving several messages but also the gentlemen I talked to said they knew it would need additional parts to function properly. The truck did feel nice and crisp with the spartan tuner, I'm just not willing to spend an additional $130 for another part. Plus it was a major pain trying to use the IDS on the truck, the spartan tune had to be removed in order for the IDS to communicate, a 20 minute process each and every time. Based on this experience I decided to stick with my mini max and I've ordered the hot x tune from spe. We will see how it goes. I hope this helps you, Good luck.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
sorry to reopen old threads as a new user on here.. but I ordered a sinister egr delete, Spartan phalanx, and MBRP 4".. just so I am clear.. the sinister delete wont work on its own without throwing the check engine light? I need to order the coolant tube from street diesel? is there anyway around this at all?

Yes. Shoot me a pm

Bgrish

Reaction score
IDS is Fords computer they use to program, update all the systems on Ford vehicles, it works fine using the H&S but not with the Spartan

Last edited:

powerstroke451

Reaction score
Just to give an update. Got my truck back today using Spartan and sinister egr delete. It pulled a code when first done. Plugged in the coolant sensor and zip tied it off now no issues. Will keep updated if any problems start or code comes back

powerstroker67

Reaction score
Plugging the sensor in like that will only stop the light temporarily, it will set a temp threshold code after a few starts or drive cycles

powerstroke451

Reaction score
Well. Had the truck about 4 hours put the 165 tune on it and got on it a little and BAM blew the blockoff plate off the exhaust manifold. Had it towed back to the shop. Gonna start tearing into it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online