EGR DELETE..

Atsah

Reaction score
I know this has been gone over many times but I want to get current information just incase there are newer better setups for my 2003 stock 6.0..

I have had two 6.0's with the EGR systems intact without problems but as of late I have been getting insufficient EGR flow codes, I have had it checked out and everything is working properly.. I think it's time to delete it..

From what I read, my CEL will come on because I have the latest updates from Ford, is this true?
What do you do with the valve?
I am looking at and kinda leaning towards Bullet Proof Diesel's delete. What else do I need to look at and why?

bad moose

Reaction score
I know this has been gone over many times but I want to get current information just incase there are newer better setups for my 2003 stock 6.0..

I have had two 6.0's with the EGR systems intact without problems but as of late I have been getting insufficient EGR flow codes, I have had it checked out and everything is working properly.. I think it's time to delete it..

From what I read, my CEL will come on because I have the latest updates from Ford, is this true?I don't know about the new flash but mine did not come on when the egr got deleted
What do you do with the valve? I left my valve in, possibly why no check engine light. I left it in, one because I don't like unplugged wires and two at a glance egr still looks factory.
I am looking at and kinda leaning towards Bullet Proof Diesel's delete. What else do I need to look at and why?
Go to ebay and start pricing. I made an offer on RCD's delete picked it up cheaper than advertised. It works with no problems.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well you have an 03 and Its not gonna set a CEL. I bought an ebay delete for 150. Works perfect. Worst case is if it does set a light...take off the plate and put the valve back in.

Atsah

Reaction score
I'm also looking the Sinister kit.. It looks pretty nice.. Seems that the RCD and Sinister kits come with a new up pipe to the turbo and the BPD delete just replaces the cooler with a welded shut cooler for more money..

jdgleason

Reaction score
Another vote for the sinister kit. It looks sick and it fits perfect. Might as well do it once and do it right. As for the valve, you can leave it plugged in and zip tie it to the oil bowl if you must, or just get tunes that disable the egr.

gjoski515

Reaction score
Hey Mark, depends on how deep your pockets are, the a quit a few out there I got mine form eBay for 150 brand was dci, came worh solid up pipe, there are other nicer system from fcdp and giving has two different systems, just depends on how much money you wanna spent, I can send you pix of mine pm me you email again

Fox'sFord

Reaction score
The bulletproof delete would help with a visual inspection, but thats assuming they know what to look for. I did the ebay kit with new up pipe. Just dont buy the polished kit, you wont see again once installed.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i just made some block off plates for either end of the cooler, antifreeze still rolls through it but no exhaust

think it cost me a whole dollar maybe

strokr06

Reaction score
So does anyone think there are any quality issues w the cheaper 150$ egr delete kits ( leaks etc.) most say lifetime warr. But no good if you can't get in contact w them right?

06/6.0 edge EVO, 4" turbo bak exhaust

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Heck no thats what i have :D and Im fairly certain I can say its proven.

Latest posts

Members online