egr delete

BK39

Reaction score
half hour to an hour, depending on how many beverages are consumed.

truckmaniac

Reaction score

I've read that it takes 1/2 an hour to do the EGR plates and 4 hours to do a full EGR delete.

Last edited:

Duckdawg

Reaction score
I did the H&S full delete on mine it took about 4 hours, just make sure when you take the bolts loose from the bottom of the long egr pipe that's kinda under the intake to use a swivel on your socket or you'll break a bolt off

El-Magico

Reaction score
I got the sinister kit in the mail looks awesome.. was in the process of doing mines today but broke one of the bolts. So I'm now having to remove the plastic manifold to get a drill in there some how n tap that bolt. Also had a hard time with the nut that sits way on the back that holds a hose that links to pipe next to the turbo. It was easier to remove the metal hose n then the nut once the cooler was out .. Some put me down for 2 days to do mines. I'll try to finish mines tomorrow once I get back from work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Duckdawg

Reaction score
Yep that's the bolt I was talkin about, also I kinda found out by accident but the nut on the back of the egr only needs to be loosened then rock the front of the egr up and take that hook loose from the line on the back

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I got the sinister kit in the mail looks awesome.. was in the process of doing mines today but broke one of the bolts. So I'm now having to remove the plastic manifold to get a drill in there some how n tap that bolt. Also had a hard time with the nut that sits way on the back that holds a hose that links to pipe next to the turbo. It was easier to remove the metal hose n then the nut once the cooler was out .. Some put me down for 2 days to do mines. I'll try to finish mines tomorrow once I get back from work.

Buy yourself a left-hand drill bit.
Should whip that sucker right out of there.

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Both of mine broke and had to drill them out after taking of the plastic intake manifold to gain straight access to them. They wouldn't budge with my snap on easy outs and ended up drilling all the way through them. Major pita. On the other hand Ive done 2 others on customers trucks and they came right out no problem. Id start soaking them in pb blaster for several days before teardown.

El-Magico

Reaction score
Yeah I bought like 4 different drill bits and had to barrow my Buddy's stronger drill, just to blast through that dang bolt.

Buck1

Reaction score
Same here, mine broke off on my truck and customer truck was fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online