EGR to delete or not delete, that is the question

dasboot

Reaction score
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here. I tried to do the advanced search for the subject and it was not working for me. I also went back a few pages on the 6.0L Tech section for info.

Anyways, I think my EGR cooler is biting the dust and it will be time to do something.
I was wondering what the argument would be whether to delete or to just replace with a better quality EGR cooler.
The only think I have seen, is that 2005 model if you delete , that you have to or may have to add tuning to the vehicle such as SCT?
I just drive vehicle for daily use not much pulling.

I assume that while this is being done it would be a good time to have the turbo inspected and cleaned and replace the oil cooler?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
do the delete and help that motor live longer

the 05 + trucks can and/or will set off the check engine light on the dash.

to turn the check engine light off you would need a tuner with some custom tunes.

how ever if you can live with the check engine light being on, you do not need a tuner to drive the truck after the egr has been removed. it will still run and drive.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
delete, no doubt. Txglass, you can shut the egr light off with the canned tunes from SCT, but I would look into innovative tunes, erics very solid with the 6.0

sootie

Reaction score
delete it. and when you do-have a look inside the intake manifold. Once you see the **** in there, you wont second guess yourself. 05+ will throw a CEL

dasboot

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on whether I pay some one to do all this or do it myself.If I do it my self I don't live far from Bill @ PHP so will I probably get him to tune for me.
Someone recently gave me a EGR delete kit. So maybe I can set up the laptop on the fender, put on Youtube and go at it my self.

Gary

Reaction score
Delete it. I did a 05 about a month ago and it has the EGR codes in it but didn't turn the light on. I know for sure 06+ will throw the light on.

Latest posts

Members online