EGT probe help

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just got my EGT probe installed today pre-turbo with this kit http://www.kemracing.com/kem-6-7l-ford-egt-kit/
and the readings seem way off to me. At idle my truck will be at about 240* when I was driving around it would drop to about 210* at 65mph. Then under throttle it drops even more to about 180*. I tried a boosted 4x4 launch and could only get about 220* then when I left off the break it dropped to 175*ish with the throttle mashed though about 80mph. When I let up the egts went up to 320*ish. Truck went into regen as well and 65mph was about 550*.

I have the yellow wire to the yellow side on pyro 1 and the red wire to the red side on pyro one.

Any ideas on what I did wrong? Do you think switching the wires around would help?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I figured it out, for anyone else with this problem the MiniMaxx needs to be set to H&S pyro not the factory pyro.

It is working as it should now

bama29fan

Reaction score
What kind of numbers are you seeing pre and post turbo? how much are lower are the post turbo temps?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well, I guess the other ones would be the post turbo numbers that are in my first post. They pretty much tell you nothing. The pre turbo is about 350* at idle and cursing down I70 it was between 600 and 900 depending on the grade

bama29fan

Reaction score
The numbers in your 1st post sound low for them to be post turbo sensors.......unless mine are reading high on the CTS Insight.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The numbers in your 1st post sound low for them to be post turbo sensors.......unless mine are reading high on the CTS Insight.

I really don't even know where it was getting the readings from. I just had it set to pyro 1 using the factory settings when it would have been on the H&S pyro setting

bama29fan

Reaction score
for comparison....with my edge cts:

cruising down the interstate at 70mph yesterday my Stock sensor EGT1 was reading 500-600 depending on the small rolling hills.

when its up to temp and i pullin to park somewhere its in the low to mid 400's and then takes about 30seconds to 1 minute to drop to about 380. I try to not shut it down when EGT1 is above 400.

what are you seeing in similar situations at the EGR block off probe?

bama29fan

Reaction score
so maybe they are not far off then.....maybe 50-100* cooler at the EGT1 compared to pre-turbo.....at least while cruising empty and at idle. the highest i have seen my EGT1 while towing is maybe ~1250. 1625 sounds scary high to me

Latest posts

Members online