EGT Probes

Jasonstang88

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here in this forum and new to the diesel world. My question is I'm swapping out my stock exhaust from the down pipe back and the new setup came with all the bungs 4 to e exact. Do any of these egt sensors need to be reinstalled in the new pipe or can I just plug all 4 holes with plugs?

mortal798

Reaction score
Plug them. Most tuners don't need them in, but there are some that do. I think Matt's need them iirc...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Depends on the tuner.

I usually plug the holes in the pipe and plig the sensors in and just zip tie then to the frame. Sct and Spartan required then to be at least plugged in

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jasonstang88

Reaction score
I have the mini maxx tuner I'll have to go through the instructions again and see if it says anything regarding them.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
H&S doesnt require them to be plugged in, Spartan also does not after one of the latest updates. SCT still does require them

Jasonstang88

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I can't believe how many sensors are in that section of pipe. 4 that's nuts. Anyways they are out the new pipes in and the trucks loves the new exhaust. Now I just need to find out which tune gets me the best fuel mileage. Also what do you guys think about towing a 35ft 6700lb dry 8500lb loaded travel trailer without a weight distribution hitch on my 08 F450? I have the weight distribution setup but my buddy thinks my truck will be fine without it.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I can't believe how many sensors are in that section of pipe. 4 that's nuts. Anyways they are out the new pipes in and the trucks loves the new exhaust. Now I just need to find out which tune gets me the best fuel mileage. Also what do you guys think about towing a 35ft 6700lb dry 8500lb loaded travel trailer without a weight distribution hitch on my 08 F450? I have the weight distribution setup but my buddy thinks my truck will be fine without it.

The 450 wont need it. What gears do you have and what speed do you drive?

Emery19

Reaction score
most weight distribution set ups have a built in sway reducing system as well. or well the reese system on our travel trailer did. we sold the trailer back in 09 so i havent been around the scene much lately. i'd run it just because though. but thats just me.

Latest posts

Members online