EGT questions?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What are your EGTs idling in drive w/ the air on? Mine are is 424-450
Cruising @ 70 on level ground? Mine 625-700.
In its ass don't see much more than 1100 if that.

My EGT's have seemed to a Lil higher than normal the past couple days. Truck seems to be hazing a Lil more also. Haze is black. Been quite a bit warmer/humid out the past several days also.

Cleaned air filter today. Am I just being a noid?

I have studs, CAI, deleted egr, 4 inch turbo back. Torque tows, Running gearhead hot street.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
If its been hotter and more humid, you can bet thats what it is.... Humidity and temperature completely effect how your truck will run and how cool/clean it is.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
That's what I figured, just wanted to check. This truck scare the death out of me w/ any abnormality.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Those numbers are not bad at all. But like madman said. Temps and humidity play big factors. The warmer it is then the warm the intake air will be and the less heat the inter cooler will cool the air there for keeping the egts a little warm I would say those numbers aren't nothing to really worry about IMO

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Since I've had the truck back I had never seen 800, now on steady uphill grades it will creep over it. Was just checking w/ everyone. It hadn't been much over 70 degrees here in Ohio till the just a few day ago when it started getting humid & into the 80's.

Latest posts

Members online