Electric Fuel System Questions.

Irishcream

Reaction score
I'm gonna eventually find a shorter secondary filter because it does hang pretty low. not a danger of hitting the road or nothing but the last thing I want it to go over a big snow drift and knock my filter base off the truck.

Irishcream

Reaction score
just as long as she starts drawing fuel from the tanks. I've heard these OBS 7.3L's can be a pain to get fuel when the lines are empty.

Irishcream

Reaction score
the filters hold about 4-5 liters of fuel so it won't take long for the pump to start pushing fuel to the engine just as long as it starts to draw from the tank into the filters before it empties the filters. It should go fine though.

old man dave

Reaction score
Select the rear tank and gravity flow will prime the fuel pump/filter setup, assuming you have fuel in the rear tank. It worked for me when I installed my Bean's fuel setup. I had to plug the fuel line to stop fuel flow when changing over the fuel lines.

I also installed a bypass switch so I could run the pump which made it easy to preset fuel system pressure and to eliminate entrained air from the fuel system without running the engine.

Last edited:

Irishcream

Reaction score
Well, she's up and running. It took a little doing but after running the pump in reverse for a while I figured it out and switched the wires. I was wondering why the supply line from the switch was pressurized. Anyways, after a minute or so with the pump running I finally heard it pressurize the fuel rail any got the regulator up to 60lbs. it was nice that the regulator was preset to 60psi. no messing around.
It started leaking in a few spots but after tightening some fittings and hose clamps it seems to be drying up. the valley is pretty wet from fuel now but I plan on giving it a good scrub. It started up with no hesitation and ran like a champ. took it for a short rip and you can really feel the difference. Not sure if it was just my weak fuel pump/regulator/ fuel bowl but it feels a lot stronger.
There was not a fun moment at any point in this swap except for when she started with no issues. At least I know the pitfalls now and if I were to do it again I'd do some things a little different.

Latest posts

Members online