Electric t case

fordornothing

Reaction score
Ok so I lost 4 high the other day so I replaced the actuator switch. I have 4 high again but still no 4 low. Now I have never had 4 low since I bought the pickup. I was checking voltage at the dash switch and at the actuator. In 2 high I have 4.45 V, 4 high I have 2.3 V, in 4 low I have 1.5 V. On the 2 pin plug on the actuator, there is no voltage in any switch position. On the 6 pin plug on the actuator, there is 11.35 V in any switch position. the t case will engage in to 2 high, 4 high, and 4 low manually but the actuator will only go into 4 high. I'm leaning towards a bad dash switch but I don't know what the correct voltage should be. Thanks in advance.

fordornothing

Reaction score
I took the actuator off and put a wrench on the nub that comes off the t case. I will add that I have 9.3 V for the illumiation anf 6.5 V in to the switch.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
the voltage does vary because there are resistors in the selector switch..

no voltage on the two-pin on the shift motor means you have a bad motor relay

see the diagram..

Attachments

• Figure 53 4WD Circuit.PDF
    821.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It sounds dumb, but you are in neutral with your foot on the brake right? 4H will switch in drive, but low won't.

whs^^^

in order to go into 4 low, it has to be in neutral, not moving, and foot on the brake. it does hesitate for a second but should then go in once all the criteria is met.

live life full throttle

Project20v

Reaction score
Just noticed your sign shows a 6sp. My recommendation probably won't help then. Not sure if the clutch switch is involved, does it work?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.