Electrical Problem

genie144

Reaction score
I am having a new issue with the truck that has me a little confused. I finished revamping my fuel system and had put ~500 trouble free miles on the truck. I then put fuel in my in bed tank and decided to test the valves. I discovered in a hurry that the inlet/outlet for the return line is reversed - not a problem when valve is not closed but big problem when engaged. After fixing that in the gas station parking lot, I drove the truck another ~20 miles without any issues. On the way home it started - foot on the throttle, the truck seems to turn off and right back on instantly. Idiot lights on gauge flash like the truck just started. Aftermarket gauges all flash like they lost power. I lose throttle control when this happens - to regain I just have to take foot off pedal and it is instantly back (resetting the TPS signal?) It seems almost like an electrical surge, bad ground, or short. It will do it 20 times in 30 seconds and then I can drive 5 miles and not have it do it at all.

I have checked all of the wiring I messed with, valve cover gasket, all aftermarket wiring under dash. At idle, I have pushed, pulled, etc on it and not been able to replicate. I read the thread below about the OD wires - I will check that next. Just looking for any ideas on this.

Sam

Tom S

Reaction score
I will work on getting my new AE up and working so we can try and figure this out. I have some yard work to get done first and that will be second.

Arisley

Reaction score
Did you get a new OBDII connector Tom, or did you end up getting a completely new program.

Good luck with the electrical issue. Sounds like a stumper. Bet it ends up looking for 90 minutes to find a 90 second fix.

genie144

Reaction score
Dead on... Except about 7 hours of my time and a few of tom's time... Had nothing to do with the fuel system or what I had worked on... The power wire for gpr was run too close to the headers. After melting the jacket, the wire was grounding against header intermittently... Problem solved - then the truck got pissed and puked oil all over...

Sam

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Arsley, is like chuck norris, I'm not sure why, his intuition alone didn't resolve your issue. thank goodness tom was around. :grouphug:

Latest posts

Members online