elite 72mm

Pan4905

Reaction score
Does the elite 72mm have different parts on the exhaust side of the turbo or is it just on the intake side? Truck is on the shop getting studs, 6.0 manifolds up pipes, zmax junior, no limit cac pipe and the elite 72. Should be ready this week if all goes well

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you're all good, but you will be sucking in the filter if you have an off the shelf cold air intake.

Pan4905

Reaction score
I have a s&b dry filter intake right now. I was going to try it out first and see how it did before I drop another $400 on a no limit. Any idea on the exhaust side of the 72mm?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have a s&b dry filter intake right now. I was going to try it out first and see how it did before I drop another $400 on a no limit. Any idea on the exhaust side of the 72mm?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31514
Here check this out. It should be required reading once you buy a 6.4. You will find most everybody who has a 6.4 either buys one right off the bat or like the majority(including myself) buy another intake kit thinking its sufficient and realize its not. Its tests like this that really prove the need for something more than just a big air filter. And I'm not sure if the turbine is modified on the 72 or not. I know the 59 and the 63 hp chargers are modified on the turbine side. It might be worth asking somebody from elite(delong1 or fast6.0). Nathannial(delong1) is very good and knowledgable on all of their products.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The restriction is NOT the filter so your NOT going to suck in your filter minder.. The restriction is the elbow tube between your filter and turbo. I ran my S&B with my 72 with no problem. Then I read the article about the elbow so I bought the AFE stage 2 with elite elbow upgrade and then I blew the rear tires off.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The restriction is NOT the filter so your NOT going to suck in your filter minder.. The restriction is the elbow tube between your filter and turbo. I ran my S&B with my 72 with no problem. Then I read the article about the elbow so I bought the AFE stage 2 with elite elbow upgrade and then I blew the rear tires off.

actually, it is. the No Limit gained 11hp over the AFE upgrade with a much bigger filter. elite did the test themselves so no favoritism.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
If your running a stock, or S&B intake elbow then a larger filter won't help. Now, if your saying they took the kit I have, with the elite elbow then installed an even larger filter and gained HP then I won't disagree..

B585Ford

Reaction score

The S&B will not keep up with the 72. Do the No Limits.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.