elite or diesel dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Damn a lot of dick measuring in here. This post should have stopped at Shanes post. Be grateful you have options! Its your truck, its your money, spend and modify as you please.

So much high school BS going on! Jeremy could act a bit more adult like too, but He really has done a lot for the sport just as all companies (elite, RCD) making a dual fueler kits.

Show a little respect for each other. I though landscaping was cut throat! Damn!

:popcorn::flipa:

Reaction score
Damn a lot of dick measuring in here. This post should have stopped at Shanes post. Be grateful you have options! Its your truck, its your money, spend and modify as you please.

So much high school BS going on! Jeremy could act a bit more adult like too, but He really has done a lot for the sport just as all companies (elite, RCD) making a dual fueler kits.

Show a little respect for each other. I though landscaping was cut throat! Damn!

:popcorn::flipa:

WHS ^^^^ if there was only one kit that didn't use a second belt, didn't replace the main alternator, had a plug and play harness, didnt use T fittings, cost reasonable and used a k-16. That would be amazing! But then what would we all have to bitch about?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
There used to be only one fully functioning way to run dual fuelers... Now, there are THREE! Is there a 4th? No one knows yet! Maybe there will be and there will be another option for someone. :redspotdance:

All I have to say, take it for what it is worth.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What I've gathered from this thread is there are a lot of whiners in this industry....oh wait, I already knew that.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lol steve. I do like it lookin good under the hood as well. Im just trying to remove as much out of the engine bay as possible. I like having less crap to take off when working on it. Thats what brought me to go with the DD kit. Cost was nice to
Jared. Thats not how I intended that but i guess thats how it came across. To me its not a big deal of cutting up the box but the way it is sealed. Like i said in the thread in the vendor section, if it had a grommet or some sort of other way to seal it i would be running your kit. It has the least added things and thats what im after

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Lol steve. I do like it lookin good under the hood as well. Im just trying to remove as much out of the engine bay as possible. I like having less crap to take off when working on it. Thats what brought me to go with the DD kit. Cost was nice to
Jared. Thats not how I intended that but i guess thats how it came across. To me its not a big deal of cutting up the box but the way it is sealed. Like i said in the thread in the vendor section, if it had a grommet or some sort of other way to seal it i would be running your kit. It has the least added things and thats what im after

The problem is.. Im not really seeing how we could settle the rail in there very easily with a grommet? Trust me, Im open to ideas, as Ill be putting a kit on mine later this summer

blk350on20s

Reaction score
The problem is.. Im not really seeing how we could settle the rail in there very easily with a grommet? Trust me, Im open to ideas, as Ill be putting a kit on mine later this summer

I see that issue as well. The solution i was thinking of was a U shaped gasket. Basically contour the rocker box cut. Ive seen somethin like it before but cant think for the life of me where it is. Its almost like a sway bar bushing for the frame mount

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fact is the Diesel Performance Industry is a lot like great tools many use in Microsoft Word every day. Cut Copy Paste

Track record of innovation and originality of design can only be placed under one business under topic in this thread. Those that support knock off's will suffer in the long run. There is reasons why some many well known and reputable shops are hard to get a hold of with communication. There busy creating developing and engineering products for people to..... Wait for it........ Cut Copy Paste.

Yes we did do a one off dual pump kit for Dustin as RnD. Many know the path of that project and others assume. We no longer are taking the avenue to develop a products such as when there is already two great options for dual pump kits like Elite and RCD. There is great respect between a few of us that do not feel the need to replicate a part or product that another vendor has already developed and serves all its needs and demands.

UNFORTUNATELY its knock offs that put the pinch on the business striving with ideas and development that puts all there time effort and cost into development of products by marketing a less expensive part by simply changing a few things and calling it there own. Yes they can answer every call in a timely fashion because they are not out back testing, developing, or creating there newly designed product.

The consumer needs to see the core value of what is all going into a price to the end purchase. Sticking months on end to develop a product also puts stress on a companies end $.

So do some leg work look into your product before purchase, for that some day the knock offs will be the only ones left and that my friends does not leave much for options for product development.

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Fact is the Diesel Performance Industry is a lot like great tools many use in Microsoft Word every day. Cut Copy Paste

Track record of innovation and originality of design can only be placed under one business under topic in this thread. Those that support knock off's will suffer in the long run. There is reasons why some many well known and reputable shops are hard to get a hold of with communication. There busy creating developing and engineering products for people to..... Wait for it........ Cut Copy Paste.

Yes we did do a one off dual pump kit for Dustin as RnD. Many know the path of that project and others assume. We no longer are taking the avenue to develop a products such as when there is already two great options for dual pump kits like Elite and RCD. There is great respect between a few of us that do not feel the need to replicate a part or product that another vendor has already developed and serves all its needs and demands.

UNFORTUNATELY its knock offs that put the pinch on the business striving with ideas and development that puts all there time effort and cost into development of products by marketing a less expensive part by simply changing a few things and calling it there own. Yes they can answer every call in a timely fashion because they are not out back testing, developing, or creating there newly designed product.

The consumer needs to see the core value of what is all going into a price to the end purchase. Sticking months on end to develop a product also puts stress on a companies end $.

So do some leg work look into your product before purchase, for that some day the knock offs will be the only ones left and that my friends does not leave much for options for product development.

Well put.

78f100

Reaction score
Imo just because something is the first one or done a certain way does not make it the only way. I agree it has to take lots of $ and r&d to come out with a new product and I am glad Elite spends so much time doing that. I also cant see how any other kit offered is a copy of Elite they are totally different, same end result but different.

Matt

Reaction score
Chad@EDP makes a lot of good points, however none of these kits are a copy of the other. Look at the Duramax and Cummins dual cp3 kits, they are all pretty dang similar, who was the original?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ya. Hopefully this doesnt turn into the intake manifold argument. Every kit has its positives but they also have negatives.

madman1234509

Reaction score

So you must be saying that every company that came out with a product after another is copying and is wrong? How many ways are there to make an INTAKE ELBOW? How about a CAC pipe, ported intake manifold, egr deletes, all many things that quite honestly are way more similar, and harder to make different then the two dual fuel kits that are above mentioned. How many ways are there to make a few plates to delete egr coolers or how many different bends can you honestly have in a CAC pipe to call it different and make it your own? The fact that one company makes it, then the next guy bends one up and makes it shiny isnt a "cut copy and paste"?.... Almost the only thing that is the same with these two kits is the fact that they boy use a K16 pump... Lines are different, harnesses are different, belt routing is different, brackets and mounting locations are different........ So you cant quite say its a "cut, copy, and paste" of Elites. But if you want to point the finger at him and say hes a copy cat, then you need to point the finger at every other company that didnt come out with a similar product first.

And the fact that a comany has a do research and development is no excuse for poor communication, or the cases where they have held customers money for months on end with no product delivery.... I can recall quite a few threads in the past of people saying they bought this, or paid for that and 8 months later were still sitting empty handed.... RCD im sure does plenty of R&D and Jared and others have answered the phone and returned messages within a few hours, which is why if I need something I wouldnt hesitate to call them.

White_monster

Reaction score
Madman if you want to rant go to AWOL, that goes for all of us that are complaining about customer service. Lets get this thread back to its intended point, which is info about the kits.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
So you must be saying that every company that came out with a product after another is copying and is wrong? How many ways are there to make an INTAKE ELBOW? How about a CAC pipe, ported intake manifold, egr deletes, all many things that quite honestly are way more similar, and harder to make different then the two dual fuel kits that are above mentioned. How many ways are there to make a few plates to delete egr coolers or how many different bends can you honestly have in a CAC pipe to call it different and make it your own? The fact that one company makes it, then the next guy bends one up and makes it shiny isnt a "cut copy and paste"?.... Almost the only thing that is the same with these two kits is the fact that they boy use a K16 pump... Lines are different, harnesses are different, belt routing is different, brackets and mounting locations are different........ So you cant quite say its a "cut, copy, and paste" of Elites. But if you want to point the finger at him and say hes a copy cat, then you need to point the finger at every other company that didnt come out with a similar product first.

And the fact that a comany has a do research and development is no excuse for poor communication, or the cases where they have held customers money for months on end with no product delivery.... I can recall quite a few threads in the past of people saying they bought this, or paid for that and 8 months later were still sitting empty handed.... RCD im sure does plenty of R&D and Jared and others have answered the phone and returned messages within a few hours, which is why if I need something I wouldnt hesitate to call them.

You are comparing something that needs many hours of R&D vs something that requires pretty much no R&D, just a little aluminum and common sense. Im pretty sure Chad was stating the amount of work that goes into complicated units.

Here's the differences:

Elite, adds another belt, tensioner, idler, and drive pulley. Hpf line T's into factory hpf line. Has a nicer harness. Have to run a no-limit (or equivalent) cold side pipe and elbow. Notching of the battery box. Does not require you to remove factory main alternator. Top quality brackets. $2300 on sale now.

Diesel dr, uses one drive belt with no added pulleys except pump pulley. Have to remove main factory alternator. Comes with pigtail to jump main alternator harness to secondary alternator (keeps light from coming on). Uses two lines to connect into hpf system (no T fitting). Can use any inlet elbow and cold side pipe (even factory). Harness is not plug and play, you must splice into factory hpfp harness. Bracketry is more "home made" looking. Second hpfp is less accessible in the location that diesel dr. puts it in. More of a value-line kit. Idk what the actual list price for this kit is right now but in the $1000-1500 range.

I think it is fair that Jeremy is selling his kits for less than Elite. Elite is a company that seems to try to strive for perferction, function, cleanliness as much as possible while it seems Jeremy seems to try to attract the more budget builder. No way I would ever splice into my factory harness or move my factory altenator.

Wayne

Reaction score
This thread is pretty full of whiners, complainers, and blame givers, but it looks like after you sift through all the bs, there are a lot of good points made, and well thought-out comments. Based on the information given, a guy who knows nothing about the kits before hand can skip over the retarded posts and see what really is offered, and the value of what each kit includes. Is there room for improvement in each kit available? Yeah, I think so. As we get time, we will address those points on our products.

A lot of what is going on in this thread boils down to opinion, and here's mine: I personally believe the Elite kit is the superior product, but for a lot of people, the added price to have it done our way is not worth it. I'm not here to point out flaws, or criticize our competitors based on what I see as inferiorities. The intelligent customer can draw their own conclusion. I do see aspects of all twin pump kits available I wish we could tie into our own, but can't based on design & cost limitations, while still maintaining our quality standard.

I certainly do appreciate our competitors not doing complete knock-offs, as we were the first with a successful production unit, and the only one for quite some time. All available twin pump kits IMO are different enough that the way I see it, each company can call their own. We've been the first to market on a lot of things, especially with the 6.4, but that doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to produce similar products. If we cared enough, we would patent things, and use legal action to protect ourselves. We especially saw it coming when we released our 6.4 EGR delete and wastegate kits. If it's simple enough, everybody will do it.

On a side note in regard to our customer service I would like to point out a couple things. #1- it can be difficult to contact us at times, and I apologize for that. #2- I return every single PM I receive. I also call back every single person who leaves at message at my extension (105) if I miss their call. If you're having trouble getting through the general sales line, try me. BTW, I'm only on the phones 3 hrs a day, spending the rest of the day in the shop, so yeah, it's a challenge. There may be an occasional message I forget, or overlook, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. It's not intentional.

I should also point out that a lot of our parts require quite a bit of technical expertise. (as do the other twin pump kits mentioned in this thread) I know there are complaints out there about people trying to get a hold of us. there is definitely room for improvement, but there are many more success stories than complaints. When we do have dissatisfied customers, we do our best to remedy the situation. We actually sell a pretty large amount of these kits, and a lot of the time we spend on the phones is used taking care of customers needing tech support installing something like this. There are a lot of joe-blow diesel service shops out there that buy our stuff, and have unqualified guys needing a lot of help to make this stuff work. You can't just hire some punk off the street, and expect him to be able to successfully help a guy in this situation with most of the parts we sell. I don't know how other manufacturers handle it, but unless the guy is flat-out stupid, and in way over his head (in which case we recommend they take it to someone qualified), we will take the time to coach people through this stuff. I hope at least a few of the things I mentioned can help people decide which kit is for them as that's the intention of my post. To the OP, sorry for the partial derail. Carry on.

derrick36

Reaction score
One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned. Do both of the K16 kits that are out there require the pump to spin in the opposite direction that it normally does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online