Emissions testing a deleted truck

Jeffh

Reaction score
Will a deleted truck pass emissions? I was told there is no visual inspection where i live that they just check for codes.

Notneb

Reaction score
If they don't do a visual inspection, and you set it back to a near stock power setting *tow* then yes, it will pass a code and opacity test. If they do a visual, you will fail, and it will be recorded in the states DOT records so the next time you go to get an inspection, it will pop up to remind the inspector to make sure you fixed the prior failure criteria.

Just make sure you set the power level to stock or as near to stock as possible, to pass the opacity test.

Jeffh

Reaction score
Yeah i was thinking all that. I got relatives in a non testing area i could register the truck in thanks for the help

Notneb

Reaction score
That's what I do, seeing as they do visual inspections where I live. Just register it with your relatives, save yourself the hassle of the one inspector that feels like going above and beyond and busts you.

NotStock

Reaction score
Typically on a clean tune you wont have any issues on a visual inspection and tail pipe test. Thats what they do here and none of my friends have ever not passed, even with some pretty dirty tunes.

Jeffh

Reaction score
Typically on a clean tune you wont have any issues on a visual inspection and tail pipe test. Thats what they do here and none of my friends have ever not passed, even with some pretty dirty tunes.

supposedly they are lienant where im at but i tend to be paranoid when it come to inspection time

NotStock

Reaction score
If you were to fail here, they just give you a failed notice and you have to come back and retest. It doesnt result in anything major happening.

JMart

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened i thought it was a legitimate question

Something is going on. I also noticed EGR is green on some posts. So either the forum has been updated, or bought out. Or somebody got a notice from the Feds.

I think I remember something like this happening back when H&S first got hit when the 6.7 came out.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Becauuuse anything you post on the net is public. Think who is watching....remember what happened to H&S Performance....Our situation doesnt need to go anymore downhill than it already has. Thats why if you have THIS done to your truck its best to be responsible on the road, and watch what wording you use for thread titles.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Something is going on. I also noticed EGR is green on some posts. So either the forum has been updated, or bought out. Or somebody got a notice from the Feds.

I think I remember something like this happening back when H&S first got hit when the 6.7 came out.

EGR being green just defines what it means when you mouse over it.

JMart

Reaction score
EGR being green just defines what it means when you mouse over it.

Really? Holy ***k, thanks for the enlightenment Captain Obvious. I never would have figured that out without your help.

I was just pointing out I thought it was new. I don't remember seeing it. So it could be that the site went through and update and some bad words were added to the language filter.

What troubles me the most is a company named seems to be added to the filter.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Really? Holy ***k, thanks for the enlightenment Captain Obvious. I never would have figured that out without your help.

I was just pointing out I thought it was new. I don't remember seeing it. So it could be that the site went through and update and some bad words were added to the language filter.

What troubles me the most is a company named seems to be added to the filter.

never know. i can't remember either. but i just noticed that the tuner's name in my signature is also censored now. thats quite interesting.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Some testing we are trying. You smarter ones can probably guess why

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Well....look at all these types of questions and thread titles the past 5 pages of the 6.7 aftermarket forum...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.