Engine Dies after running for 10-20min.

kmesaeh

Reaction score
I just got done reinstalling my 7.3. I pulled it due to no engine oil pressure on low side. The only way I can get to to start at all is with WD-40. It will run ok for 10-20 min then it dies, like you turn the key off. At that point it will not start again. I have oil pressure, the fuel bowl is full. I have no idea what to look at now. Any buddy seen or have ran into this issue?

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
what did you do to resolve your low lpo issue? Sounds like you have a hpo leak now.

kmesaeh

Reaction score
IPR good?

The IPR should be good, about a year old.

what did you do to resolve your low lpo issue? Sounds like you have a hpo leak now.

I replaced the LPOP still had no pressure but had flow. pulled engine, pulled pan and found a peice of plastic covering about 90% of pick up tube. but everything back together and while engine was still on stand cranked engine and saw about 45psi at the test port on filter housing. there is an oil leak at the back of engine only when running. can not figure out where its coming from sence I can not get it to run with out haveing a load on it.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Is the valley dry? Sounds like that oil leak you have could be a hpo leak. If it is, and it is leaking enough it could prevent a warm start. You should let it cool down and start it up and let it run while you watch for the leak underhood.

kmesaeh

Reaction score
It wont run with out haveing peddle down bit. the valley is dry. it looks like either the turbo or the right heads leaking.

Gary

Reaction score
Sounds like a HPOP problem, You need to see what is going on with your ICP. You really need a good scanner to diagnose these engines.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.