engine just quit.

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
ok so I was driving down the road an the engine was running great. I came across a low water bridge an stopped to holler at a buddy. I put my truck in neutral and reved it up a lil bit. once an it just quit an will not start now.. turns over great an the fuel pump is kicking on and I even pressed the fuel shut off relay to be shure of that.. what could it be???

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
I hooked a scanner up to it an I had no codes. but I have two places that are ticking pretty loud now under the hood when I turn the key on. and now the ICP is kickin a code. I unplugged it an still wouldn't start. but sounds like its tryin its ass of to

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I hooked a scanner up to it an I had no codes. but I have two places that are ticking pretty loud now under the hood when I turn the key on. and now the ICP is kickin a code. I unplugged it an still wouldn't start. but sounds like its tryin its ass of to
possibly an hpop

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

Cold Roller

Reaction score
STC and a quick rev in park or neutral seem to kill them if they are ready to go. Don't know what year your truck is, but 04 and up have them. In any case, you need to diagnose the HPO system with air.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
If it is the STC, I have a upgrade kit sitting here. 40$ shipped to your door. Just trying to save a few Pennies for you.

Hopefully you dont need it.

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
wait what is the sct? is that the fitting to the Hpop or something like that? because the truck was runnin excellent than I stoped on a bridge put it in neutral an reved it up to about 3200 rpm twice an that wen it shut off.. an my truck is an 05 model

webb06

Reaction score
I'm guessing the STC fitting as well. You'll have to put air pressure to the high pressure oil system to diagnose it properly and know for sure.

webb06

Reaction score
Remove the icp and you have to make a fitting. And then you have to have a pigtail so that you can command the ipr closed

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
^^whs.... Same thing happened to me... Left a light cruising, running great. I rolled into it getting on the on ramp to the Frwy and it just died and wouldn't start back....IPR went out.

From what I understand STC fitting will leak and cause ur truck to die as well but as engine/oil cools and thickens back up, it should start. That was my issue atleast when mine was leaking.

webb06

Reaction score
And sometimes when you remove the ipr the screen will get lodged inside the pump and you need to dig it out. Can sometimes be a real pain to get out

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
^^whs.... Same thing happened to me... Left a light cruising, running great. I rolled into it getting on the on ramp to the Frwy and it just died and wouldn't start back....IPR went out.

From what I understand STC fitting will leak and cause ur truck to die as well but as engine/oil cools and thickens back up, it should start. That was my issue atleast when mine was leaking.

I was actually even setting still in mine. just put it in neutral an reved it up a couple times an it just quit. like I shut the key off.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Mine died when I let off. IPR got a piece of the wrong oil filter in it (1100$ and a long fight with the oil change place) it was fixed at ford.

There are too many little bombs on these trucks sadly.

Latest posts

Members online