engine just quit.

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
Mine died when I let off. IPR got a piece of the wrong oil filter in it (1100$ and a long fight with the oil change place) it was fixed at ford.

There are too many little bombs on these trucks sadly.

hey I got someone coming to help me test this fitting an other pieces. Ill shoot you a pm tomorrow about the fittng set up. Thanks

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
so a guy showed up last night and brought an actual scantool and searched the engine.. He said that I didn't have enough voltage to my Ficm and my injectors are working fine.. he narrowed it down to either a dirty IPR or The STC fitting popped.. Or possibly putting two new batteries in an it firing up..

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
right.. me either. that's just what the guy said. so im replacing my two batteries this wonderful day. and if she don't start guess Im gonna call a shop an have them check the Ipr and that fitting.. witch in any case I prolly should go ahead an change that fitting anyway right?

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Changing the fitting is recommended but not "Necessary" as you are spending other money elsewhere. If it gets to the point that you have to go into the heads , then yes.

webb06

Reaction score
Changing the fitting is recommended but not "Necessary" as you are spending other money elsewhere. If it gets to the point that you have to go into the heads , then yes.

Go in to the heads? The STC fitting isn't even under the valve cover

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
True, But i was thinking of the rest of the stuff. Dummy's and stand pipes and what not.

Didn't mean to just single out the STC fitting itself.

On second thought I get what you mean. Just replacing the STC is a good thing by itself. I get tunnel vision sometimes as I replaced mine when the studs, turbo and injectors went in so I replaced everything at once and that is a separate kit I believe. I was thinking it was all in one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online