Engine Overspeed PIP tunes

Notneb

Reaction score
So today I was messing around in town, on hot street so not race setting, floored it and boom, engine shut off. I managed to wrestle it off the road. Turned the key off and back on started it, had a CEL and then revved the engine. Shut down again, pulled out the tuner and checked the codes, had the usual CCV and turbo one, also had a new one: engine Overspeed. So I'm sitting here right now putting it to Street setting to get home. Anyone run into this yet? 2015 with PIP tunes.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I had that problem with the IDP hot street tune once, However it was because the truck spun bad and revved stupid high. Talk about embarrassing on the track when the truck just died and I had to come to a stop and turn the key off to reset it. Never had the problem again tho.

Charles

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
The 15s are SUPER sensitive. Its almost like every mod needs to be accounted for when tuning involved. Are any wires pinched at ANY place? Believe it or not if they are, youd be surprised what kinds of RANDOM codes can be thrown.

Notneb

Reaction score
Going to double check in the morning, didn't have any issues on street, so I'm ruling out that it has anything to do with my CCV mod. I'll put it in race when I get home and see what that does. If it's only doing it in hot street, maybe I can get with PIP and see if we can do some adjusting. Gotta love being at the forefront of all this lol!

Notneb

Reaction score
It wasn't past the redline, high 3's but it definitely revved faster than normal. That's why at first I thought maybe the high boost was causing an exaggerated Venturi effect on my CCV connection in my exhaust, resulting in a vaccum in the crankcase. But I couldn't replicate it with the street tune, which leads me to believe *hope* that it's a glitch in the tuning...

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Are your tunes Labeled as Hot street and Extreme? All my Pip files were labeled as Performance and Extreme. My IDP tunes are labeled Hot street and Race. Set your X4 up to datalog and go make a run and see what your high rpm was when it gives the code.

Charles

gfulton

Reaction score
The 15s are SUPER sensitive. Its almost like every mod needs to be accounted for when tuning involved. Are any wires pinched at ANY place? Believe it or not if they are, youd be surprised what kinds of RANDOM codes can be thrown.

Not the 15's fault its the tuner. Since H&S is not in the game anymore this is what you are stuck with!!!

Notneb

Reaction score
Quick update: Just called PIP and they confirmed that I'm running IDP tunes, so now I get to have words with the vendor I purchased the x4 from... Anyways, they're gonna email me their tunes and hopefully we get this fixed!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Not the 15's fault its the tuner. Since H&S is not in the game anymore this is what you are stuck with!!!

Yes some of it is tuning, BUT I can say Ive pinched a wire before by accident on my 12 and didnt have anything happen. Youd be surprised what happens when the EGR butterfly valve wire gets pinched between the H&S plate and intake manifold on a 15 LOL. Fuel rail pressure sensor error codes and other B$ LOL. We even looked at the wire afterwards and it wasnt damaged at all! Usually though the people who are doing the tuning come through and will help people out for codes that occur due to mods. Patience sucks sometimes though haha

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Quick update: Just called PIP and they confirmed that I'm running IDP tunes, so now I get to have words with the vendor I purchased the x4 from... Anyways, they're gonna email me their tunes and hopefully we get this fixed!

Awesome!! Glad you are getting fixed up! They took care of all my buddies 15 issues as well

Notneb

Reaction score
Awesome!! Glad you are getting fixed up! They took care of all my buddies 15 issues as well

Yep, I double checked my wires, luckily since I did the SS piping kit along with the egr delete and ccv delete, it's REAL easy to see all the wires :p Got v7.2 tunes from PIP loaded up, starting out on performance, about to go run her up and down the road, see if the overspeed is fixed! Dave hooked me up price wise too, gotta say I'm liking PIP customer support so far :D

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

dayum !

Notneb

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming IDP, just that the vendor assured me it was PIP tunes, so I looked like an idiot trying to talk to Dave at PIP about why his tunes were throwing codes. Had I known it was IDP tunes I would've purchased the tuner through Bigrpowr so I'd have an easier time getting updates and troubleshooting. Don't want anyone to think I'm starting a "tuner a is better than tuner b" thread lol.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Yea man I didn't think it sounded like Pip files being they were labeled as Hot Street and Race. I've got the 7.2 Performance and Extreme files but haven't tried them yet as I'm still on the Hot Street tune from IDP. Keep us updated and let us know how it works out. I'm pretty sure you could have still ordered from Nolimit as he can get you Pip tunes as well if I'm not mistaken! Yea if you don't mind which vendor was it?

Charles

jwanck11

Reaction score
Sure are sensitive. I have a CEL that will not go away... mine has to do with a higher air/fuel ratio than the ecm wants.

sucks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.