Engine rebuilders

6speedsd

Reaction score
Anyone ever have any experience with either Asheville engine or J & K engine rebuilders? I see their ads all over CL for rebuilt 6.0's. Something like $4995 for a full rebuild. Just curious if they really are full rebuilds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea that's one of them. I've never done any research on them...just curious if anyone had dealt with either before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
We used a J&K motor about 3 years ago, it was a short block. Truck has 35k on it, and owner loves it.

we also have an Asheville short block that is just about completed getting back into another customers truck currently. From what I can see, Asheville makes a great product, its a little more than the J&K motor, but well worth it. Guys seem to be pretty top notch. out remains will continue to come from them.

6speedsd

Reaction score
So in other words, they seem to know what they are doing? Do they work over the heads on their long blocks? I've heard stories of reman engines getting used, untouched heads bolted back on in the past.

04cr450

Reaction score
this is so true^ buddy of mine got a blackwater engine that was "reman" and the mechanic that put the engine in said there was used parts in the engine, and when they checked the heads they were not flat... the engine got rebuilt again after finding these issues and 10k miles later and the engine is good to go so far.

Im sure blackwater has made good products but that particular engine was subpar no doubt.

AshevilleEngine.com

Reaction score
I just ran across this old post but I thought that I would comment. Asheville Engine, Inc. sells completely re-manufactured short and long blocks using NEW parts.
Every block is checked, cleaned, measured and properly machined. The heads are cleaned, magnafluxed, pressure tested, resurfaced, and a complete valve job is done. We install all new bearings, pistons, rings, lifters, 4130 Chromoly push rods, and ARP head studs as described on our web site.
We have sold hundreds of properly re-manufactured Powerstrokes with very few minor issues every year (nobody is perfect). We take pride in every engine that we build and we appreciate and take care of our customers.
2016 is shaping up to be another record breaking year with 72 Powerstroke engines being sold in the first two months so far. Thank you to all of the people who put their trust in Asheville Engine, Inc.

Straubtech

Reaction score
I just ran across this old post but I thought that I would comment. Asheville Engine, Inc. sells completely re-manufactured short and long blocks using NEW parts.
Every block is checked, cleaned, measured and properly machined. The heads are cleaned, magnafluxed, pressure tested, resurfaced, and a complete valve job is done. We install all new bearings, pistons, rings, lifters, 4130 Chromoly push rods, and ARP head studs as described on our web site.
We have sold hundreds of properly re-manufactured Powerstrokes with very few minor issues every year (nobody is perfect). We take pride in every engine that we build and we appreciate and take care of our customers.
2016 is shaping up to be another record breaking year with 72 Powerstroke engines being sold in the first two months so far. Thank you to all of the people who put their trust in Asheville Engine, Inc.

I can vouch 100% on the new parts and Rob the owner only uses quality stuff. Great people to deal with before, during, and after the purchase.

F350R

Reaction score
I have an Asheville long block with roughly 7K miles on it, I couldn't be happier. I had mine bored .20 over to have fresh clean holes and went with the stage II cam which really wakes up the low end power band. As everyone has mentioned they are wonderful to work with.

The Blackwater that this current engine replaced, don't even get me started on that POS. But hey it lasted 30K miles who could ask for more?

cboger

Reaction score
just finishing up an asheville engine for a customer, very nice piece.

Baker42

Reaction score
Automotive machine service inc. in Albuquerque NM. One of the best engine builders in the nation gas or diesel period. He does wonders on navistar engines and doesn't bend you over in the process. 505-242-3548. 50 years in the same spot. Diesel, top fuel, nitrous. He builds awesome engines and everything gets touched and line bored with deck plates

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
I also got a short block from Asheville engine back in November. Same as F350R, .020 over st.2 cam. I have not had it installed yet but I can say that they were excellent to deal with and when I called them back last month with a list of annoying noob questions, the customer service was flawless. Although I haven't run it yet if their engines are anything like there customer service it will be great. So far, if I needed another short block I wouldn't even waste my time shopping around because a few hundred bucks savings wouldn't be worth dealing with other folks. During this project I have dealt with a bunch of companies & a few with awesome products have been pretty awful to deal with

strokin6L

Reaction score
Called and ordered my 20 over short block from Asheville today. It's getting a RCD stage 2 cam an HD lifters installed

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Interesting Ashville says the lifter failures are due to elongated push rods.

Latest posts

Members online