Engine runaway

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
He has a T500 with a smaller fitting in the back, He is trying to find out if he can bore the T500 out and use the fitting size that the SRP1.1 uses which is bigger, so he wants to call swamps and see what fitting they are selling to guys using the SRP1.1 to get the correct fitting.

dthompson

Reaction score
Your runaway seems different but Chris Vanderford (vanderchevy18) was having a runaway issue when he put is truck together and it ended up being IDM. I think it was hvhf but not 100% positive. Maybe he will chime in. But I think his was taking off as soon as he started it.

DocBar

Reaction score
Your runaway seems different but Chris Vanderford (vanderchevy18) was having a runaway issue when he put is truck together and it ended up being IDM. I think it was hvhf but not 100% positive. Maybe he will chime in. But I think his was taking off as soon as he started it.
II haven't seen Chris on in a while. I hope he will chime in on this.

DoubleL

Reaction score
I just added the swamps hvhf idm with this buildup. Worstenemny hit the nail on the head . I just would like to get my t500 mated back up to my gen3.

pullandpray

Reaction score
Isn't there a hydraulic shop there? get a new line made. Or a fitting. If not culbetson has one. Worse case I have a bunch a swagelok from a past job I bet we could engineer somethingLOL I think it's good until 10K PSI. Or if you need benders or anything I have them I have to go to glasgow soon anyways to pick up a pheasant

DoubleL

Reaction score
Ya my only problem is the threads are messed up at the back of my T500, fitting is of lesser concern to me. How big of a pheasant you get? Did you take it to Moorehouse Taxidermy?

pullandpray

Reaction score
Ya my only problem is the threads are messed up at the back of my T500, fitting is of lesser concern to me. How big of a pheasant you get? Did you take it to Moorehouse Taxidermy?

I know I thought the plan was you were going to tap to the next size up Thread size
I actually do my own and familys taxidermy but my wife got a gorgeous 22" and we took it to him this year we got some nice birds I have one on my wall I got this year that is 24.5" (I mounted him and the pic os before final painting) birds up here are huge.

Attachments

• received_10153004969618578.jpeg.jpg
    received_10153004969618578.jpeg.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 50

pullandpray

Reaction score
I like how he didn't fan him as much. When you get big birds the fans are usually so damn tore up and ugly. That's why I had hers mounted by him. The bird was perfect. Anyways sorry for the derail!

DoubleL

Reaction score
no prob, I like hunting too! gotta wait until tomorrow to try and find right size tap, drill bit, and get new fitting on its way.

psduser1

Reaction score
I think you are saying the threads in the t500 are stripped? If that is what you are saying, there's plenty of room to go to a #8 fitting. Not sure of the drill size, but should be easy enough to find that out.

I'm going to say you'll want to disassemble the pump before any machine work, though. They don't like stray metal shavings.

If it's on the Gen 3, I'm of no help. Never needed oil that big, lol.

DoubleL

Reaction score
Yes its my t500. Has anyone on here disassembled a stock style hpop?

Only thing that looks obvious is the big snap ring at back of pump. Is there anything I need to be concerned with on taking it apart?

DoubleL

Reaction score
Yes its my t500. Has anyone on here disassembled a stock style hpop?

Only thing that looks obvious is the big snap ring at back of pump. Is there anything I need to be concerned with on taking it apart?

psduser1

Reaction score
Huecory? is familiar with their internals, or call joey maybe. I know the back cover is under pressure from a spring, but I've never personally had one apart.

Reaction score
I have helicoiled a pump output fitting without taking it off the truck. I just cranked it over a while with no fiting installed and it self flushed. No issues.

Would work just going bigger too.

DoubleL

Reaction score
Yup, been working with Joey. Helicoil is way to go and stronger then stock even. But enlarging the hole is only for professionals as the hole needs some special bit for these ORB fittings to have a place for the oring to seal. Helicoil FTW

Latest posts

Members online