Engine temp..

D10Tion

Reaction score
So lately I've been noticing my temp gauge give me some weird readings. It normally runs just under half but if I start going up a long grade it will jump up to around 3/4 for a couple seconds then drop back down to normal operating temp. The spike lasts no longer than 30 seconds. Anyone have any ideas? It's been about 90 degrees average out here in Ca.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So lately I've been noticing my temp gauge give me some weird readings. It normally runs just under half but if I start going up a long grade it will jump up to around 3/4 for a couple seconds then drop back down to normal operating temp. The spike lasts no longer than 30 seconds. Anyone have any ideas? It's been about 90 degrees average out here in Ca.

Do you have a monitor? check coolant levels in the degas bottle and in the secondary bottle? any codes?

D10Tion

Reaction score
Totally spaced that I could plug in my X4 and monitor it. I'll have to do that next time it starts acting up. Doesn't have any codes and everything is full. Happened to me awhile back to but that time the temp gauge was pegged. Pulled over let it cool back down to half then drove home in 110 degree weather and stop and go traffic without another problem. Has me baffled.

Latest posts

Members online