EOT, ECT temps

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Im not sure if Id trust the scan gauge unless you have the add on sensor ??

Mine usually reads EOT around 198-207 and ECT at 200-210. In town and HWY

Ive gotten both up to around 215-220 pulling a large trailer and beating on it. I dont run a fan because I rarely town.

However to my first comment, every once and awhile I will fire the truck up cold and EOT will read 70-75 (block heater plugged in) and Ive had the ECT read 220-230 at the same time. It will dance around a bit untill next key cycle.

Not sure how accurate it is because Ive had ECT say 250ish and the factory gauge had barely moved.

G Racing

Reaction score
They will only be as accurate as the sensor that is feeding the info to the computer. A bad sensor will give a bad reading

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
So the numbers are in fact accurate ? I always figured no because unloaded in 35* weather with a RC/LB I cruise at 205-207 ? My thermostat is a 195* So shouldnt it be more closer to 200* ?

Basically the add on sensors for the scan gauge EOT/ECT arent needed ?

Indy6oH

Reaction score
I have the CTS insight. Just did a thermostat replace yesterday. ECT 190 now before was 178-182. EOTs are 210-212 and was 198-202. Am I screwed.

Michael

Reaction score
Semi-hijack to this thread - where are people installing add-on EOT sensors? I know on 7.3L we could just put a sensor in place of the port in the top of the HPOP reservoir, is there any easy location like that on a 6.0L?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I have found the AeroForce gauges to be woefully inaccurate for EOT temps. I ran one then used the CTS and found the temps about 20* different.

I run a consistent 15* delta after doing all the required work for an oil cooler install. I'm going to check the engine harness next then maybe the sensors.

jdc753

Reaction score
Semi-hijack to this thread - where are people installing add-on EOT sensors? I know on 7.3L we could just put a sensor in place of the port in the top of the HPOP reservoir, is there any easy location like that on a 6.0L?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

As far as I understand there are 2 options on the 6.0L

First, what I have, and what I believe most have, is an aftermarket billet oil filter cap that is pre-tapped for the sensor,

DSC02662.jpg

Second, the factory test port on the front cover/oil cooler, little harder to get to,

motorwork021.jpg

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I have found the AeroForce gauges to be woefully inaccurate for EOT temps. I ran one then used the CTS and found the temps about 20* different.

I run a consistent 15* delta after doing all the required work for an oil cooler install. I'm going to check the engine harness next then maybe the sensors.

Agreed. I tried 2different Aeroforce gauges and 1was off 35' the other 40'. I then hooked up my laptop and that reads a delta of 1 to 5 degrees.
So that's the one I'm going with!:D

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Agreed. I tried 2different Aeroforce gauges and 1was off 35' the other 40'. I then hooked up my laptop and that reads a delta of 1 to 5 degrees.
So that's the one I'm going with!:D

One of the CompD mods, (Goose) was goin back and forth with aeroforce for a while, trying to get their scan gauge to work right. Think he, or maybe aeroforce, eventually gave up on it.

Latest posts

Members online