eseries swap into a 95 ??

psduser1

Reaction score
My brother is picking up a 96 drivetrain from an e-series, wants to swap it into a 95 body. The truck was originally a gasser, and currently has a 7.3 idi living under the hood.
He has the whole donor available, what does he need to use to run the e4od, and how's the turbo rate on the e series? I'm pretty sure he'd be happy at or below 400 hp, so mods are pretty limited, more wondering how much it'll take to make everything work in this body.
Oh yeah truck hes building has a 5 speed, told him to dump that in favor of th auto.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I know the intakes, valve covers, and belt layout is different on the e-series engines. Keep that in mind for when I want to do as ons like a cold air intake as they will not work unless u swap the truck style intake in first

pt_ranger_v8

Reaction score
Heh. That's me ;)

Not entirely concerned about belt layouts, though that's good to know.

What's different about the valve covers? Intake shouldn't matter - they body I have isn't' very stock anyway :naughty:.

As long as the intake points toward the DS fender area, I can make something work.

Just need to get the damn thing in here so I can see how much work I have to do before I swap it in.

kanuck15

Reaction score
The intake on a van sits on top of the engine. But if you can swap it you can figure something out.

The VCs are different cause of the oil fill. You can fix that easy enough.

The swap is straight forward. Just remember from here on out you have to order parts for a van

pt_ranger_v8

Reaction score
Didnt know about that, kind of a problem

Not really. Again, this truck has already had one drivetrain swap. This is simply swap number two. :pint:

I mean, there's no problems a welder, a sawzall, and some :pint: can't figure out :D

Glad to hear about that though :)

Latest posts

Members online