Ever hear of BOSTECH oil coolers?

racin4ds

Reaction score
I know everyone preaches to use the OEM oil coolers on these 6.0's but in my research I've came across a unit from BOSTECH that is supposedly " Heavy duty new and improved design"

http://swagperformanceparts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1056

I see that the Dorman replacement units aren't getting good remarks but what about this one? You guys ever use one or know of anyone who has?

I'm tight on funds and with the summer heat and towing horses I'm in need of doing the oil cooler ASAP. I hear nothing but good remarks from BOSTECH products so maybe?

racin4ds

Reaction score
go to ford and be done with it.

Problem is fords unit is PRONE to plug up, and fail! Why keep putting in a known trouble maker?? I just don't get it....

Not to mention the cheapest I can find the Ford unit is $300 these other guys (Bostech and ADT) are half that with supposed larger coolant passages that help resolve the plugging and blockage problem.

racin4ds

Reaction score
Here is an exert from ADT's site on their product...

"The ADT-60-OC is designed as a high flow oil cooler to reduce the
blockages and plug ups the OEM unit experiences in your 6.0L Ford truck,
SUV or Van. Each kit comes with instructions for install, and carries a
lifetime warranty."

Zmann

Reaction score
I just don't get it....

No argument here :doh:

I haven't heard the name Bosotech in ages people learned a long time ago that those had issues

and the Dormans have gasket failures also Dorman is slow to ever fix issues so they likley still have problems

remember with larger passages comes less cooling many 6.0's defuel if the spread gets to be to much

get a BPD remote OEM cooler and you can run an oem and backflush in minutes if you notice a delta climb

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It may be half the price, but who is paying to do it again? If its you, how much is your time worth?

Run a factory one and spend.a.few.extra bucks on a coolant filter. Flush it really good, then keep up on filter maintenance, and you should be good. Mine ran 70-75k on it with a split of about 6 typically. Had to tear into the motor due to crap aftermarket head gaskets that blew. I put another one in for piece of mind because my time is.worth more to me than the few hundred bucks it was to replace it.

Latest posts

Members online