Excessive feedback in steering...

jus10keith

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place, but...

Truck info:
2008 CCSB 4X4 6.4L D'leet'd, Stud'd and Tun'd with 160k on the clock
Factory ride height with Factory 18s and Factory 20s

:cursing:

I'm getting excessive feedback while driving. It does it while in a turn. It does it sitting still also, but only when the steering wheel is turned. It feels like someone grabs the wheel and pulls it back the opposite way that you're turning. The truck doesn't want to swap lanes or jump over any though. It does it with both sets of Factory wheels and tires. I installed a PMF dual steering stabilizer with Bilsteins also, and it didn't help with the problem.

I'm leaning towards either the PS pump or the steering gearbox as the culprit, but am open to any suggestions if anyone has had this problem also.

Thanks in advance. :toast:

webb06

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place, but...

Truck info:
2008 CCSB 4X4 6.4L D'leet'd, Stud'd and Tun'd with 160k on the clock
Factory ride height with Factory 18s and Factory 20s

:cursing:

I'm getting excessive feedback while driving. It does it while in a turn. It does it sitting still also, but only when the steering wheel is turned. It feels like someone grabs the wheel and pulls it back the opposite way that you're turning. The truck doesn't want to swap lanes or jump over any though. It does it with both sets of Factory wheels and tires. I installed a PMF dual steering stabilizer with Bilsteins also, and it didn't help with the problem.

I'm leaning towards either the PS pump or the steering gearbox as the culprit, but am open to any suggestions if anyone has had this problem also.

Thanks in advance. :toast:

is the power steering pump making any noises? typically they'll start groaning if something is wrong with them.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive seen gear boxes do this. Does it do it both ways or just one? Was there a stabilizer on it before you put the duals on? Also check for anything binding in the front end possibly causing it if its both ways. Gear boxes will tend to go one way.

Did this start after anything significant was done to the truck?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't be driving that.... there has to be something wrong in the steering box as the reaction spool in it is acting like you steering, when your not, and putting hydraulic pressure to turn the wheel.

jus10keith

Reaction score
Ive seen gear boxes do this. Does it do it both ways or just one? Was there a stabilizer on it before you put the duals on? Also check for anything binding in the front end possibly causing it if its both ways. Gear boxes will tend to go one way.

Did this start after anything significant was done to the truck?

Both ways. Had only factory stabilizer when i got it, and its been doing it ever since I bought it or shortly thereafter. I bought it with 100K on it. And thought it was due to the Goodyears (stock 18'' size) that was on it. Bought some 20" BMFs and new 33" Toyo M/Ts and it still did it. I put the PMF kit on last summer thinking it would help. Also replaced all 4 shocks at that time while I was at it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would double check for anything binding in the front end, possibly drop the draglink from the pitman arm and see if it still occurs, then look over all the hydraulic lines. Especially th he ones at the hydroboost. One.should have blue tape on iat, make sure it goes to yhe other one with blue tape. Ive seen those crossed after a body has been off.

Latest posts

Members online