Excessive smoke on Spartan 300 EL tune??

jpfanner

Reaction score
OK, just had my motor rebuilt, new up-pipes, brand new injectors, I'm EGR and DPF deleted. Before the rebuild it never blew any smoke on normal acceleration, only under 3/4 + throttle. Then after the rebuild and new stuff on the 300 LL tune it seemed the same as before. BUT I didn't like the LL tune we switched it back to 300hp EL tune and now even with the slightest throttle input it puts out a decent puff of smoke...very odd since it didn't before on the LL or EL tunes and now it doesn't on the LL tune but does on the EL tune. I downloaded the latest NEGR tunes from Spartan a month or so ago and they were running normal, then a hung injector caused an over-filled crankcase and then a runaway going down a county road. (those were favorite underwear) Anyway, do Spartans normally smoke a bit? it's fine at idle and fine when the boost builds but right on take off, even very light throttle it smokes a bit...I just want to make sure that I don't have injector issues or somehow a corrupted file caused injectors to malfunction and blow my motor in the first place???

2008 EGR/DPF deleted, RCD Intercooler tube, Elite Up-Pipes, 6.0 manifolds, AFE Intake, AFE 5 inch exahust, AFE 4 inch downpipe, ARP head studs, PMF Traction bars.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Is your air filter clean, was the CAC flushed after the engine failure?

Have you tried a different tune since engine replacement?

I laughed at the favorite underwear part.

jpfanner

Reaction score
OK, thanks guys! I guess I didn't notice it before but then again I'm paranoid as hell after what I just spent on the new engine. On the bright side I think I have the fuel system protected now with a FASS Titanium system and I got head studs so I should be fairly bullet proof...as long as the tranny hangs in. (the K16 was supposedly brand new when I bought it)

jpfanner

Reaction score
Is your air filter clean, was the CAC flushed after the engine failure?

Have you tried a different tune since engine replacement?

I laughed at the favorite underwear part.

New air filter. IC was flushed so I'm assuming the CAC pipe was too...but I guess it might not have been??

97stoker350

Reaction score
They roll the coal to make lots of power lol good luck with the truck my dad and cousin both have Spartan but they don't smoke a lot unless you floor it from dead stop..

Bigshow

Reaction score
I have a thread in this section about a lazy turbo / excessive smoke condition that I swear wasnt always there with my 345 KEM.
There were some good responses about a few things to check - EBP sensor and tube, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, turbo actuators, pre turbo exhaust leaks...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.