Excursion AC issues...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
This has been an ongoing issue for a couple years, but my better half may kill me if I dont get it fixed...

System is charged, both high and low sides look good however the air just blows cool, not cold. On a 75* day, if you want it cold you have to run both rear and front at full on fan speeds to maintain temp.

On a 85+ day, forget about it. If your on the Hwy, your ok, if the fans are on high, but in down, your not going to stay comfy.

I have a new condenser, and new drier to install, I think I should replace the orifice too but what about the AC pump itself?

What else could be the cause of this?

I hate AC issues, but I have my truck blowing at 40* and it flat pisses the wife off.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well I have the condenser, drier, orifice, compressor all on the way. I also am going to switch it to a 180* stat to see if that helps as well.

Not sure what else to do...

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well I have the condenser, drier, orifice, compressor all on the way. I also am going to switch it to a 180* stat to see if that helps as well.

Not sure what else to do...
Put a 8x11 sheet of paper on the condenser at idle. If the air flow doesnt hold it in place its your fan clutch.

08Monster

Reaction score
Is the compressor turning when you have issues? What are pressures dropping to/running at? Does it have sufficient air flow out of the vents? Are the lines icing up? If the high side pressures go up and up, your condenser doesn't have enough air flow. If you don't have much air flow out of the vents, clean the evaporator and/or cabin air filter (if it has one, idk). If it blows cold right away, than warms up, your evaporator is probably freezing up. Normally caused by lack of air flow, but could also be switches kicking it out due to: low pressure, high pressure, or evaporator temp. Let me know if any of these help!

Zaairman

Reaction score
What are your high and low pressures at 1500 RPM?

Fan clutch won't matter at highway speeds. Is the condenser clean? Take a hose to it.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
87ecf2fa698744b66d71f8cc5d26df8b.jpg
this was mine when I pulled the blower out....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The rear blower is fine. I've checked it. This is an Excursion boys, it doesnt get mud and crap. The condensor has some bent fins, but nothing that bad.

I checked the pressures last year and everything was good. I am going to replace everything and get it recharged, if that doesnt fix it, then I will replace the blower fan in the front.

I dont think that is the issue, because the air coming out is just cool, not cold.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
So this is a old thread but i just ran i to this on a 6.0. The heater core bypass vaccum line had come off and the ac was 50 degrees at best while at highway speeds. Hooked it up and it would get down to 38 degrees! Dieselsite actually sells a kit to install it if your vehicle didn't come with it.

Latest posts

Members online