Excursion Spring swap?

ShortStroker

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Excursion springs ride better than stock 350 springs? I'm droppin my truck down in a few weeks to just a leveling kit and gotta get stock springs anyway so if I got stock Excursion springs would I notice a difference as far as ride quality.. or would it even be worth it?

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I swapped in some F250 springs on my wife's excursion. The excursion springs were too soft and sloppy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ToMang07

Reaction score
What's an Excursion Spring? What's a 250 Spring? What's a 350 spring?

They all have different springs codes that are rated for different loads. Because it was out of one or another is irrelevant. The springs code/weight rating (and condition) is what makes the difference.

You can get the spring codes and axle weight ratings off the door jam sticker on the driver door.

I went from flat, worn out U-codes (4,800lb springs) to X-Codes (6,000lb plow springs) in the front. The ride was not any harsher, but I got a solid 2" of lift in the front, combined with a 2" leveling kit for 4" front end lift. Brought me to about 1/2 lower in the front than the back. Still stock rear springs.

Front Spring Codes:

S = 2C34-5310-AAB, 4,000 lb.
T = 2C34-5310-ABB, 4,400 lb.
U = 2C34-5310-ACB, 4,800 lb.
V = 2C34-5310-ADB, 5,200 lb.
W = 2C34-5310-AEA, 5,600 lb.
X = 2C34-5310-AFA, 6,000 lb.

BK39

Reaction score
I swapped in some F250 springs on my wife's excursion. The excursion springs were too soft and sloppy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Same thing here, I put some F350 springs on mine and it road much better.

ShortStroker

Reaction score
What's an Excursion Spring? What's a 250 Spring? What's a 350 spring?

They all have different springs codes that are rated for different loads. Because it was out of one or another is irrelevant. The springs code/weight rating (and condition) is what makes the difference.

You can get the spring codes and axle weight ratings off the door jam sticker on the driver door.

I went from flat, worn out U-codes (4,800lb springs) to X-Codes (6,000lb plow springs) in the front. The ride was not any harsher, but I got a solid 2" of lift in the front, combined with a 2" leveling kit for 4" front end lift. Brought me to about 1/2 lower in the front than the back. Still stock rear springs.

Front Spring Codes:

S = 2C34-5310-AAB, 4,000 lb.
T = 2C34-5310-ABB, 4,400 lb.
U = 2C34-5310-ACB, 4,800 lb.
V = 2C34-5310-ADB, 5,200 lb.
W = 2C34-5310-AEA, 5,600 lb.
X = 2C34-5310-AFA, 6,000 lb.

I was using the Excursion, 250 and 350 reference because I didn't know the Spring Codes, but now do!. thank you. just wondering if anyone out there had gone to a "softer" spring or less load rated spring on their 350 and or vis versa and noticed a ride difference... The ol regular Cab can be a little rough sometimes. Might has well ride a bull round here on these $h1tty VA Beach roads.

ToMang07

Reaction score
If you were closer I'd give you my old U-Codes for free... check your door jam to see what the spring rating is.

Like I said I went from flat, worn out springs to the stiffest ones they made. I didn't notice any difference in ride.

It's a solid axle on leafs....aint gonna ride like IFS or coils no matter what you do! LOL

ShortStroker

Reaction score
If you were closer I'd give you my old U-Codes for free... check your door jam to see what the spring rating is.

Like I said I went from flat, worn out springs to the stiffest ones they made. I didn't notice any difference in ride.

It's a solid axle on leafs....aint gonna ride like IFS or coils no matter what you do! LOL

yeah I know, not askin for a Cadillac ride or nothing, especially being a regular cab on solid axles and leafs. just curious of my options. I'm retiring my truck from the hard life of abusive off-road treatment to street life. Much cleaner and less expensive this way. (right foot dependent)

INFRNL

Reaction score
The excursion springs will lower the front of a pickup because of the lower load rating. I think ex springs lower approx 2in compared to the standard v code springs. The x codes are supposed to lift approx 1.5-2 in over v codes.
I thought u codes were made for the v10 trucks, you do not want u code front springs.

I should have went x code front but went with v codes again and added c code top overloads to them. Gained about 1in from the overloads. Running bilstein 5160s and my truck is smoother than stock

Good shocks make a noticeable difference in ride quality. Granted as tomang said, it will only ride so goo with solid axle on leafs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.