Exhaust Adapter Needed

7point3

Reaction score
I was gonna replace my 3 1/2 " down pipe with a 4", but it's not money really well spent, so I want to go as far as I can before the up bend, and connect to 4" all the way out just for looks and sound. I have all the 4" pipe I need. Just need a reducer. I can't get it in my mind what I need, because I am stupid.

http://www.walkerheavyduty.com/products/documents/Connectors-Reducers.pdf

4" id to 3 1/2" id adapter?? ..... fit over the 4 and over the 3 1/2" right.

Thanks guys

lsmith33

Reaction score
oh damnn ur kinda far....haha i was gunna say theres a truck shop down here that has any an every adapter u could need

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If its money keeping you from getting a 4" down pipe, shoot me a pm. I just happen to have one on the shelf with the bottom couple inches cut off. It was on a wrecked truck and whoever had it before, welded the exhaust. I'll get rid of it for a little of nothing.

TARM

Reaction score
GO with Vanderchevys offer. It will make everything easy that way. You can add a small piece between to make up for the cut off end.

7point3

Reaction score
If its money keeping you from getting a 4" down pipe, shoot me a pm. I just happen to have one on the shelf with the bottom couple inches cut off. It was on a wrecked truck and whoever had it before, welded the exhaust. I'll get rid of it for a little of nothing.

actually, I had come up with a down pipe new for 77 bucks. But I decided it wasn't worth ANY labor to mess with putting it on, and was looking at a Tymar type intake, so I just cut the damn thing to get the pipe I needed, at the bend, and it made a nice intake pipe for the K&N I already had. I am using the left over sections to make my own y pipe for duals, just gotta get the exact right adaptor

7point3

Reaction score
Down pipes aren't hard to put in at all. Especially with all the work you're doing anyway. Whatever you want though.

true, but it helps to have 2 guys, and with my schedule I cant do it. Plus, it was gonna cost more than the cost of the down pipe to get my intake like I wanted,so I guess all's well that ends well

907DAVE

Reaction score
I knew I wasn't crazy..........

IMAG_0004.jpg

That's the downpipe off my 00 F-350.

7point3

Reaction score
I knew I wasn't crazy..........

IMAG_0004.jpg

That's the downpipe off my 00 F-350.

Hmmmmm...................

That's confusing. I originally thought my stock 01 system was 3 inch too, but when I took off my muffler, I went to a friends exhaust shop and got some 3" pipe he had left over, and it was too small. My whole system is/was 3.5.

I dunno, thats weird

907DAVE

Reaction score
The exhaust flares to 3.5" at the flange that connects the downpipe to rest of the exhaust, but the pipe itself is 3".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.