Exhaust question

rodeo302

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was wondering if it could harm my truck if I cut the exhaust off and drove it for say maybe 75 miles tops, there shouldn't be anything in the box or any trailer adding weight to it. Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
Where ya trying to cut it off at? I would at least leave the down pipe on....I don't think it would hurt but I bet it's gonna be loud and prolly dirty....

DieselMater86

Reaction score
leave the downpipe and about 2 to 2 1/2 foot of pipe under the cab. I will be a jet lol but you don't want to run a super short exhaust on your truck just like a gas engine it will burn valves.

thatred250

Reaction score
leave the downpipe and about 2 to 2 1/2 foot of pipe under the cab. I will be a jet lol but you don't want to run a super short exhaust on your truck just like a gas engine it will burn valves.

Correct me if im wrong. But the turbo is the "restriction" Of the exhaust. Once it leaves the turbo back pressure is not an issue

79jasper

Reaction score
Did you really just say that? Lol
And he's only driving 75 miles at most, so sounds like he's probably on his way to a exhaust shop or to get a exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I drove mine 4hrs with the downpipe off.

With a 366 and 275s..... you'll be fine bud.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
well I stood corrected but that's fine I just didn't want to see a fellow diesel guy do any damage to his truck. I have ran short exhaust on mud trucks and such and have done some damage but no harm being careful

rodeo302

Reaction score
What I'm doing is swapping exhaust so I'm taking mine off at a buddies house running to the other truck clamping mine on his and taking his back to my buddies place and welding mine on since I like his better.

rodeo302

Reaction score
I'm gonna take it off either at the cat or turbo depending on how his is set up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.