Exhaust systems

Red Assassin

Reaction score
So here's my dilemma guys. I live in Southern Cali and due to its strict emission laws Im having to pay a guy to pass my smog checks every time its due. Im running a DPF and CAT delete exhaust system and would like to know if there is any other exhaust, other than stock, that would be compliant with Cali emission? I just don't wanna risk getting pulled over and getting a hefty fine...

webb06

Reaction score
A dpf would be required to pass. Unless they just do a visual inspection, you might get by with a gutted cat and dpf.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Yes its just a visual but I dont know where I would find a 5" dpf and cat

yours not going to find a 5" dpf and cat. i live in cali and havent had a problem. i would say if you are using your truck for work and going thru scales and what not i would be concerned. only option for sleeper look is hollow out cat/dpf and run a stock hp delete tune without guages.

Red Assassin

Reaction score
yours not going to find a 5" dpf and cat. i live in cali and havent had a problem. i would say if you are using your truck for work and going thru scales and what not i would be concerned. only option for sleeper look is hollow out cat/dpf and run a stock hp delete tune without guages.

What exhaust are you running? and have you had to smog your truck yet?

Last edited:

Hammer Down

Reaction score
so i have a question about this, it seems like california is the most strict on this issue with emissions and what not. is it something that is checked in a traffic stop or anything like that or just at the time of emissions checks?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I wish it was that ***ing easy here.

dude you arent that far from me. hit me up when you need it.

so i have a question about this, it seems like california is the most strict on this issue with emissions and what not. is it something that is checked in a traffic stop or anything like that or just at the time of emissions checks?

they do have stops in orange county but you can go around them. they have trailers with dynos and any pos car driving they target. not so much the newer trucks like we have. but as for smog goes its visual checks and a scan of your dmv renewal paper. no obd reader or anything. at least not the last time i went it wasnt that strict.

Latest posts

Members online