Exhaust

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive been a creeper on here for quite awhile, but I finally joined up as I'm buying my first diesel Friday. 2009 f350 lariat plus Srw 6.4

I don't even have the truck and I'm already looking at exhaust systems.
Im going to be going with ******* for the tuner, but not sure who to go with for an exhaust.

Ive seen prices range anywhere from $250-$800.

Really looking for 5'' downpipe back, who makes a quality but non expensive exhaust?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Clifford6.4L

Reaction score
I've heard good things about both Diamond Eye and Flo Pro. They'll run you about $350-$500. I'm about to install a downpipe back 5" Diamond Eye on my 6.4. Congrats on the truck!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I used to use MBRP, as I think is better quality than flo~pro but it seems MBRP has cut back on "race" exhausts so I mainly use flo~pro now.

Turdchucker22

Reaction score
Ive seen some flo pro set ups searching through the forums, it seems that some have the newer style duramax look coming right out the corner of the rear bumper. I personally dislike the look. Are there different setups or a different style to get to have it come out behind the rear tire?

6fodays

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do downpipe back. That stock downpipe can be a bitch. Fought mine for an hour. Walked away to get the clamp because i had given up, came back and my downpipe was laying on the ground lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Ive seen some flo pro set ups searching through the forums, it seems that some have the newer style duramax look coming right out the corner of the rear bumper. I personally dislike the look. Are there different setups or a different style to get to have it come out behind the rear tire?

Not sure what ones you're looking at, but mine does not come out the corner of the bumper

nick01

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do downpipe back. That stock downpipe can be a bitch. Fought mine for an hour. Walked away to get the clamp because i had given up, came back and my downpipe was laying on the ground lol

Listen to this guy or be prepared for a fight to get the stock downpipe out.

Also I didn't like how the exhaust exits so I left mine dumped over the axle and prefer that look now.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You cut the downpipe right above the bend with a sawzall and it pops right out. Where did you guys have the issue at?

nick01

Reaction score
well for starters the double wall construction doesn't make it an easy cut. I also cut it an inch short of ideal and that made it a giant pain after that.

6fodays

Reaction score
You cut the downpipe right above the bend with a sawzall and it pops right out. Where did you guys have the issue at?

I cut mine as high up as i could. Even went as far as pulling the oil fill off and pulling it up as high as it would go. And beat it back down. And it literally just fell out of nowhere.

dsberman94

Reaction score
well for starters the double wall construction doesn't make it an easy cut. I also cut it an inch short of ideal and that made it a giant pain after that.
New blade that isn't cheap and it slices right through. That inch would screw the process though.

I cut mine as high up as i could. Even went as far as pulling the oil fill off and pulling it up as high as it would go. And beat it back down. And it literally just fell out of nowhere.

That's how it should go, fall right out. Get a light up top and one down on the bottom so you can see everything you need to.

sootie

Reaction score
Flo-Pro. and if you arent shooting for 650hp +, dont waste time with the downpipe.

joshua5438

Reaction score
I have the 5" flo pro and replaced the down pipe. I am very happy with all of it. The exit is pretty much the same location as stock. I installed a double wall 6" MBRP tip and it really suites the 5" exhaust. It doesnt have the look of over compensation! haha. I am anal about keeping all my stock parts so I opted to work a little harder and was able to remove the factory down pipe without cutting it. Not saying it will or could ever go back on but at least I have it just in case.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.