Extremely strong Exhaust Smell

Cpstanley

Reaction score
I recently ******d my 2015 6.7 and blocked off the EGR. IT IS TUNED WITH SCT X4 and runs great.

However.......the potency of the exhaust is nauseating. When idling or at first start it stinks in the cab. Also, after warm and if I stop to drop off kids, as soon as the door opens it is potent.

Is this common or I have I done something wrong? My upgrades are in my Sig.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
At full operating temp you really shouldn't be smelling much at all, these trucks burn really clean even with no emissions equipment.

jcain

Reaction score
Check your block off plates for signs of a leak. Check your ****** pipe or whatever exhaust you bolted up for a leak

Last edited:

jwanck11

Reaction score
what tune are you running?

Mine smells too, but it should not be overbearing.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Mine will stink at initial startup, but even then it doesn't really stink. So something ain't right. Check your block off plates

dsberman94

Reaction score
Check under the hood. At first start when the air kicks on it'll blow all that awesomely smelly air into the cab that's been trapped in the vents all night.

Notneb

Reaction score
It's the block off plate that goes over the port in your passenger-side exhaust manifold. When you start it up in the morning, pop the hood, and hold your hand next to the block off plate, you should feel the exhaust coming out. Either tighten it down more, or contact Mike and see if he will swap you a new plate. A few of the plates for some reason, are just 1/16th of an inch off on the '15's, I ran into the same problem.

If it's not that it has to be the down pipe, sometimes you don't get it lined up right so it leaks on the bottom. Since you replaced your down pipe, it could very well be that.

Last edited:

Cpstanley

Reaction score
It's the block off plate that goes over the port in your passenger-side exhaust manifold. When you start it up in the morning, pop the hood, and hold your hand next to the block off plate, you should feel the exhaust coming out. Either tighten it down more, or contact Mike and see if he will swap you a new plate. A few of the plates for some reason, are just 1/16th of an inch off on the '15's, I ran into the same problem.

If it's not that it has to be the down pipe, sometimes you don't get it lined up right so it leaks on the bottom. Since you replaced your down pipe, it could very well be that.

Thanks for the info. I will check today and let you know what I find.

Cpstanley

Reaction score

Did you have that crazy strong exhaust smell?

Latest posts

Members online