eye candy

obspsd

Reaction score
Thanks David. This motor has Carrillo rods, bored .030, arp main studs and girdle, machined mahle pistons and what's in my sig

obspsd

Reaction score
Stock cam, I made the girdle. And can make more if anybody is interested in a cheap girdle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Stock cam, I made the girdle. And can make more if anybody is interested in a cheap girdle

How cheap is cheap? Did you have the rotating assembly balanced and whatever else is involved?
Im no engine builder.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

obspsd

Reaction score
No block fill and yes the rotating assembly is balanced.

i edited out your price, please dont sell anything here.

Last edited by a moderator:

obspsd

Reaction score
Yes ARP sells longer studs to go thru the girdle. Only half the studs need to be longer. The other half don't go thru the girdle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yes ARP sells longer studs to go thru the girdle. Only half the studs need to be longer. The other half don't go thru the girdle

Right I could see that from the pics
Is there a reason all the studs don't go through the girdle?

obspsd

Reaction score
In order for all the studs to go threw, the girdle would have to step down like the main caps and if it did that it would no longer clear the rod caps and bolts.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
In order for all the studs to go threw, the girdle would have to step down like the main caps and if it did that it would no longer clear the rod caps and bolts.

Ah yea I see it now, or be thicker on the edges which I dnt know if that will work

obspsd

Reaction score
Any of the sponsors on here should be able to get you the studs you need. Or I have part numbers if you wanted to call ARP directly

obspsd

Reaction score
And the girdle ties together all the main caps to prevent cap movement and helps stiffen the bottom end and block

dsberman94

Reaction score
And the girdle ties together all the main caps to prevent cap movement and helps stiffen the bottom end and block

thank you. i was planning on just doing a halfazz 7.3 build with a set of injectors and a hpop in a forged rod block but i think im gonna go a little farther than that now. i wan't it to last with me beating on it. only thing i want to have to buy after putting the motor in is tires because it burns them off so easy. just curious why didn't you spring for a set of headers?

obspsd

Reaction score
I've never seen any proven results from headers. Only thing I've heard people say is they sound cool. But if I ever wanted to I could put headers on with the engine in the truck

obspsd

Reaction score
I did everything myself, only thing that I had done was balancing the rotating assembly and honing the block

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.