Ezlynk shows us a sneak peak.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
You can try forgetting the EXLYNK access point and see if that helps too. Another option is to enable Airplane mode, kill the app, disable airplane mode and try to reconnect.

Thanks will try that. Been talking with Ezlynk tech as well. Will post the outcome in case anyone has the same problem. Will say they are super responsive and willing to help so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thanks will try that. Been talking with Ezlynk tech as well. Will post the outcome in case anyone has the same problem. Will say they are super responsive and willing to help so far.

Yes, please do. These are gaining popularity by the day, and I am sure you will not be the only one who deals with some sort of minor issue.

We have found their tech support to be very helpful as well.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Yes, please do. These are gaining popularity by the day, and I am sure you will not be the only one who deals with some sort of minor issue.

We have found their tech support to be very helpful as well.

Was going to call Ezlynk on Monday but after trying a few things I got my phone to reconnect. ******** the app from my phone and unplugging Ezlynk from OBD port was what worked for me. You mentioned a possible app or hardware bug and I'm leaning towards that.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
If I buy the plain ez lynk for $499 it will support custom tunes correct?

There's not a "competition" style ez lynk like the sct devices right?

Ikyo

Reaction score
You would need to purchase a Tunepack from someone. It is cheaper to do it as a package. How long did it take you to install the blockoff plates?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
You would need to purchase a Tunepack from someone. It is cheaper to do it as a package. How long did it take you to install the blockoff plates?

Well I'd have someone that would send me tune files so the "plain ol" Ez lynk will be fine right?

The block offs took me maybe 30 min. Pretty simple. I was lucky cause none of the bolts broke off.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
For the block off plate bolts, soak them with some penetrating oil. Then with a socket and extension tap the end of the extension with a hammer. Then slowly break them loose

Ikyo

Reaction score
Hoping mine will come out a little easier with under 2,000 miles. Any specific sensor on the exhaust to use or will any of them work?

JRLott

Reaction score
Still...soak them in Kroil or PB a couple days. If it's going to be a while before you install plates, pull the bolts and coat them with neversieze. Worked great for me.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Was going to call Ezlynk on Monday but after trying a few things I got my phone to reconnect. ******** the app from my phone and unplugging Ezlynk from OBD port was what worked for me. You mentioned a possible app or hardware bug and I'm leaning towards that.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it figured out. You may still want to get a hold of them and let them know the issue you had, in case others are experiencing it too. That feedback will help them with any bug fixes.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it figured out. You may still want to get a hold of them and let them know the issue you had, in case others are experiencing it too. That feedback will help them with any bug fixes.

I spoke to them and they are aware. Hasn't disconnected again yet so maybe it was a fluke. I noticed EGT is there now to monitor which is sweet.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I spoke to them and they are aware. Hasn't disconnected again yet so maybe it was a fluke. I noticed EGT is there now to monitor which is sweet.

How does the ez lynk monitor EGTs? Meaning which EGTs can it "see"?

Ikyo

Reaction score
I know you have to take a probe from the exhaust and replace the factory on on the EGR. If you use the factory EGR probe, it will read way off.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
How does the ez lynk monitor EGTs? Meaning which EGTs can it "see"?

Ikyo is right assuming I did it right lol. I just took the temp probe from the stock exhaust and used Nolimit block off plates which have an adaptor for the probe. This is my first diesel but from what I can tell its reading accurate.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I have an Ezlynk question someone here may know... When new/revised tunes come out (S*artan for example) are they automatically uploaded to the cloud (our Ezlynk) for us to use or do we need to request them?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Also have a question that someone here may know. For those that are using a dedicated iPhone or iPad for the Ezlync and not your phone, where are you mounting it and do you have a cable hanging down to keep it charged or have a wire hard wired behind the dash for a clean look?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Ezlynk works different than the other available tuners. Files are uploaded to a cloud server by your tuner which makes them accessible by the end user.

For mounting I use an old iPhone and one of those magnetic vent phone holders - you can find them on Amazon cheap. Works great and I just plug it in when I need to.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
So you use a stock EGT sensor from the exhaust and the Ez lynk can read it? What does the sensor plug into?

I'm currently running the sct livewire with the sct pyro in the EGR block off plate.