F1c

imelmo

Reaction score
Got the "Kit" from Empire. Thedieselshopllc are the ones who did all the fabbing to make the "Kit" work. Basically this kit came with the F1c,mounting bracket, up-pipes, PT7175 "GT42 STYLE" turbo, new serpentine belt. All the piping was done by thedieselshop, along with many other modifications to make everything work. That's why there's a new Powerstroke badge on the shroudView attachment 16257

Since you still seem to want to bag on the Empire kit (which worked perfectly fine on my truck by the way), what do you say was wrong with it? Piping isn't included due to the different setups people have. So what else are you saying was wrong and how much of it was due to custom items that are on your truck (which I know there were a couple)?

HiVoltage

Reaction score
Danny, I'm not trying to "bag" on the kit. Just trying to let people know that there is a bit of customizing that needs to be done to install this kit. There were only a couple things on my truck that had to be addressed. The things that were wrong have been addressed with Chad. I'd like to hear from anyone else who got the same kit as me and if they had any issues. Didn't Empire do the install on yours? Did you use the F1c and GT-42?

imelmo

Reaction score
Danny, I'm not trying to "bag" on the kit. Just trying to let people know that there is a bit of customizing that needs to be done to install this kit. There were only a couple things on my truck that had to be addressed. The things that were wrong have been addressed with Chad. I'd like to hear from anyone else who got the same kit as me and if they had any issues. Didn't Empire do the install on yours? Did you use the F1c and GT-42?

Empire installed mine. The kit price included everything except the piping which I paid for them to do. Mine was done by them using an F1Cand a stock turbo. When I switched to a GT42 I just had to have different piping made.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Bash and Tyler's truck never had a problem with install.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Looking at the pics, I'm kinda nervous where the filter is mounted. It's going to take a lot of road debris and weather up front like that.

02BigD

Reaction score
To the OP, what was your turbo setup prior to this? Looks like some nice work there from the pictures!

General question, is anyone running one of these on a 7.3 with a larger turbo than a 38r?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
To the OP, what was your turbo setup prior to this? Looks like some nice work there from the pictures!

General question, is anyone running one of these on a 7.3 with a larger turbo than a 38r?

Dunno if you remember Rockrunner from PSN, he's from up here in my neck of the woods. He has an F1/38r combo with 300's and it is nasty on the street. Doesn't break a sweat towing either.

02BigD

Reaction score
Dunno if you remember Rockrunner from PSN, he's from up here in my neck of the woods. He has an F1/38r combo with 300's and it is nasty on the street. Doesn't break a sweat towing either.

I do remember him talking highly of it, but never connected directly with him to discuss. I switched to a 71mm, but still need some more air to clean these 355's up at full song. Love the idea of the simple piping on the procharger setup they have for the 7.3. I do most of my own wrenching and have no desire to deal with the piping nightmare that comes with compounds.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I do remember him talking highly of it, but never connected directly with him to discuss. I switched to a 71mm, but still need some more air to clean these 355's up at full song. Love the idea of the simple piping on the procharger setup they have for the 7.3. I do most of my own wrenching and have no desire to deal with the piping nightmare that comes with compounds.

Hotstik has a 76/f2 setup on his truck with 400/400's. Im sure a 71/f1r would be fun on yours :D

imelmo

Reaction score
Looking at the pics, I'm kinda nervous where the filter is mounted. It's going to take a lot of road debris and weather up front like that.

I had mine there and didn't have any issues. Just have to clean it a little more often.

Towing is where it REALLY shined imo. Very cool egt's and you get the benefit of instant boost from the Procharger and extra boost of load from the turbo going up hills and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOqLZ8nUoo

smokedout250

Reaction score
I had mine there and didn't have any issues. Just have to clean it a little more often.

Towing is where it REALLY shined imo. Very cool egt's and you get the benefit of instant boost from the Procharger and extra boost of load from the turbo going up hills and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOqLZ8nUoo

Derail engage.... I've considered a pro charger.... Would you do it over compounds????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Got the "Kit" from Empire. Thedieselshopllc are the ones who did all the fabbing to make the "Kit" work. Basically this kit came with the F1c,mounting bracket, up-pipes, PT7175 "GT42 STYLE" turbo, new serpentine belt. All the piping was done by thedieselshop, along with many other modifications to make everything work. That's why there's a new Powerstroke badge on the shroudView attachment 16257

I am glad everything worked out for you and Fred.

When you keep referring to "Kit" we should probably keep in mind of the things that was left out of the discussions leading up to the kit being ordered all the way up to when the "kit" was sent out.

So I guess when we sent the kit complete minus the plumbing and a couple other small things which we waited on Fred to call with measurements etc to send remaining parts is grounds to claim a decal like that.... :doh:

So glad from the very beginning when Fred was concerned with building the pipes we offered FREE INSTALL as long as he picked up the tab on having the truck sent and returned along with it would be done in less then two months.

But its obvious we want to keep beating a dead horse on how the "Kit" comes.

Gearhead

Reaction score
the supercharger needs a bypass when you let out of the throttle because of the wall of air you have trying to backflow through the compressor. I always had some kind of bypass on anything over 7 or so lbs of boost.

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the supercharger needs a bypass when you let out of the throttle because of the wall of air you have trying to backflow through the compressor. I always had some kind of bypass on anything over 7 or so lbs of boost.

Throttle actuated blow off valve is an option we also offer but was deferred.

Attachments

• 198567_10150440825990307_232989765306_17328185_4865798_n.jpg
    198567_10150440825990307_232989765306_17328185_4865798_n.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 74

imelmo

Reaction score
Derail engage.... I've considered a pro charger.... Would you do it over compounds????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't owned a truck with compounds and have only driven MIkey's (Barney) but iirc it was having issues. I will say a lot of other people that have had or have driven compounded trucks that drove mine really liked it. The Swamp's crew, Scottie, and a few others. It's a lot different feeling than turbos.

Latest posts

Members online