F550 springs on f350?

etnies69924

Reaction score
i have herd people putting the bottom leaf from the front of a F550 into a F350. dose anyone know anything about this?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
not really sure, dont know much about springs, suspension.

I have 550 springs in the rear of my 250. Its one hard ride. When the year comes that she comes back out on the road. They are the first thing to come out.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
hmmm, what about up front? and im just talking the first leaf not the whole pack.

They are a little stiffer. They stay neutral instead of negative arching, like the 250-350 springs.

That's with the whole 2 leaf pack.

INFRNL

Reaction score
I think Jomax nailed it, but I'm not sure.
The x code front springs were used on the snow plow trucks, 450's and I think 550's.
they will give you around 1 1-2" maybe 2"s of lift. They are supposed to be a tad bit stiffer but not much. They would be great if you are looking for a little bit of lift, leveling, or adding a winch bumper, etc.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly? unless you have another set of leafs, x codes are only $152 ea pack from Tousley. Approx $350 shipped to you for brand new springs, most likely your current springs have sagged over the years.
I would opt for the new springs IMO.

etnies69924

Reaction score
i figured just one step closer to beefing up my front end, thought it would be a good start. cant you just take the bottom leaf and not the whole pack?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.