Factory oil cooler delta Psi and flow...

MasterO-6.0

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered in part in different threads and if so I cant seam to find them with a search. I am working on a remote oil cooler and filter based loosely on a system i found on a other board. http://m.www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012861 What I would like to know is if any one has ever checked the delta Psi of the oil on the stock oil cooler, it seams to me that based on the design that it would fairly restrictive. Also if any one can tell me what the GPH OR GPM requirement is for the HPOP at WOT i know i have seen it here that would be great. :icon_ford:

P.S. As I build this cooler I will try to document it with a new thread.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Do you have any background in thermal transfer classes?

Sometimes sections of a "cooling" system need to be restricted, if coolant passes through too fast, it doesn't have time to dissipate the heat. Keep that in mind. A truck could overheat if coolant is flowing too fast, just as easy if coolant was flowing too slow or not at all.

MasterO-6.0

Reaction score
Do you have any background in thermal transfer classes?

Sometimes sections of a "cooling" system need to be restricted, if coolant passes through too fast, it doesn't have time to dissipate the heat. Keep that in mind. A truck could overheat if coolant is flowing too fast, just as easy if coolant was flowing too slow or not at all.

I am well aware of the need for the cooling fluid to have some sort of restriction or turbulence to improve heat transfer the oil cooler I am planing on replacing the factory cooler with is a setrab 925, these include brased turbuletors to improve heat transfer.

Latest posts

Members online