Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Rotella t6 5w40 and motorcraft filter every time since new. Also always fill my filter with oil before install. Just did my 5th change at 25k. Never have heard a tick..

wreedps

Reaction score
I have used Rotella 15w40 since new, always ticked. Im at 50k now and I just switched to Rotella T6 Syn and I am not hearing a tick!!

Just a heads up.

Blaster7Romeo

Reaction score
I have 70k on my 13 and the only time I have heard the tick was when I used 15w40 one time... The rest of the time I use Delo full synthetic or Motorcraft 10w30

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
195,000 miles on my 2013 F350.

I got a tick around 20,000, then G-Racing switched me to Valvoline EXTREME Blue, and I'll stay with it. I get a few taps on startup, IF it sat for a few days...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
2nd to last change I had a bad tick that lasted for weeks. Had it changed again at the same place with the same oil, assuming Ford didn't change, heard a very very slight tick the 2nd day one time and that was it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Been using Mobil 1 5w40, delo 5w40 and I'm now using 15w40 BG full syn. No tick. 21k miles

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Been using Mobil 1 5w40, delo 5w40 and I'm now using 15w40 BG full syn. No tick. 21k miles

Yup, the 5w 40 full synthetic is what I run as well. Anything else, led to tick, tick, tick..... But the tick cant be that bad, really, as it comes and goes on mine, with 195,000 on the clock... LOL

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51453

Yup, the 5w 40 full synthetic is what I run as well. Anything else, led to tick, tick, tick..... But the tick cant be that bad, really, as it comes and goes on mine, with 195,000 on the clock... LOL

Way off topic, but does your truck have to 40-45 wheel hop? Seems there's a big issue with longbed trucks.

Way off topic, but does your truck have to 40-45 wheel hop? Seems there's a big issue with longbed trucks.

Not any more... I pay VERY strict attention to tire pressure... loaded heavy, loaded light, no load city, no load highway....

the front tires,
wear the best, and run great at 70 psi no load, 75 loaded
when I push them to 80, they follow contours in the highway, and the steering wheel shimmies a bit at 50 plus mph...

rear,
around town no load, 45,
highway 50-55 depending on the quality of the surface, ****ty roads, 50, nice surface 55

rear, trailer on,
empty, 65
lightly loaded 70
loaded to the gills with a lot of pin weight (12,000 - 14,000 lbs) 80

I have also lowered the crap out of my front end, so the angle on my front axle is better for me, as much as I travel, and holds a truer straight line...

and I run rear traction bars from PMF so the rear does not negatively affect the front...

Not any more... I pay VERY strict attention to tire pressure... loaded heavy, loaded light, no load city, no load highway....

the front tires,
wear the best, and run great at 70 psi no load, 75 loaded
when I push them to 80, they follow contours in the highway, and the steering wheel shimmies a bit at 50 plus mph...

rear,
around town no load, 45,
highway 50-55 depending on the quality of the surface, ****ty roads, 50, nice surface 55

rear, trailer on,
empty, 65
lightly loaded 70
loaded to the gills with a lot of pin weight (12,000 - 14,000 lbs) 80

I have also lowered the crap out of my front end, so the angle on my front axle is better for me, as much as I travel, and holds a truer straight line...

and I run rear traction bars from PMF so the rear does not negatively affect the front...
now thats paying close attention!! lol..

live life full throttle

now thats paying close attention!! lol..

live life full throttle

There's your problem jake, go Play with the tire pressures. You never know!

tried it at 80psi down to 30 psi all the way around. different front to back too

live life full throttle

tried it at 80psi down to 30 psi all the way around. different front to back too

live life full throttle

Man, you know what? That's all I've been reading about these past few days. This hop is driving me insane, and my truck doesn't even have it.

Man, you know what? That's all I've been reading about these past few days. This hop is driving me insane, and my truck doesn't even have it.

luckily you dont.. at times, it will chatter my teeth.

live life full throttle

luckily you dont.. at times, it will chatter my teeth.

live life full throttle

That's what I can't wrap my head around. Being that bad, and no one found a solution. I read that whole 100 page thread on the org about it. Hoping some rich guy has the money to find the issue. Lol

That's what I can't wrap my head around. Being that bad, and no one found a solution. I read that whole 100 page thread on the org about it. Hoping some rich guy has the money to find the issue. Lol

me too

live life full throttle

me too

live life full throttle

I can't grasp it either. I have mine at 45 psi front and 35psi rears and on boosted launch in performance tune zero hop. The ONLY time it hopped was when they were at 75 psi after the dealership changed oil and balanced/rotated.

Do you think it's because of the long bed configuration?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I can't grasp it either. I have mine at 45 psi front and 35psi rears and on boosted launch in performance tune zero hop. The ONLY time it hopped was when they were at 75 psi after the dealership changed oil and balanced/rotated.

Do you think it's because of the long bed configuration?

lets move all this hop talk to my thread on it and stop mucking up this one.

we are not talking about wheel hop.. we are talking about cruising down the road at a set speed and the truck just starts bouncing..

live life full throttle

we are not talking about wheel hop.. we are talking about cruising down the road at a set speed and the truck just starts bouncing..

live life full throttle

We are so good a thread derails

live life full throttle

So ***kin sorry

live life full throttle
That is called frame beaming. Some duramaxes have it and there are upgraded cab mounts that fix it. Or a couple hundred pounds in the bed all the time. Lol

That is called frame beaming. Some duramaxes have it and there are upgraded cab mounts that fix it. Or a couple hundred pounds in the bed all the time. Lol

Guess the all have this issue. I well.

I have 800 pounds in the box all of the time with a full slip tank and toolbox, still get the bounce with a CCSB...

I have 800 pounds in the box all of the time with a full slip tank and toolbox, still get the bounce with a CCSB...

I think it needs to be at the tailgate.

I think it needs to be at the tailgate.

Damnit lol

i asked a mod to move all the hop talk to this thread. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51453

live life full throttle

Last edited by a moderator:

Jomax

Reaction score
I haven't had the tick, ever.

Delo full syn or Mobile 1 syn only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I haven't had the tick, ever.

Delo full syn or Mobile 1 syn only

yeah, mobile 1 is what i have ran for most of its life. slight ticks for couole hundred miles then nothing.. delo was a little longer.. came by some valvoline dirt cheap and readily available.. figured why not... i have less then 100 miles on it still but the ticks are loud as ***...

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
yeah, mobile 1 is what i have ran for most of its life. slight ticks for couole hundred miles then nothing.. delo was a little longer.. came by some valvoline dirt cheap and readily available.. figured why not... i have less then 100 miles on it still but the ticks are loud as ***...

live life full throttle

You going to try Jims oil? I've been meaning to, just by the time I need an oil change, I forget to order.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
valvoline extreme blue 5-40 sucks ass... loudest most annoying tick ever... even though it was free, i might switch back to mobile 1....

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
valvoline extreme blue 5-40 sucks ass... loudest most annoying tick ever... even though it was free, i might switch back to mobile 1....

live life full throttle

Soon you will learn this tick is directly related to ambient temperature and a slight breakdown of the sticky additive molly.

Read this entire thread over. The cold months this thread gets jamming hard.... summer it's almost non existent. Lol

Keep changing the oil. Prices are low they need to sell more!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.