Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

dsmracing1

Reaction score
The oil is the Amsoil Series 3000 5w30 that I have been preaching about. The videos where just proof that it stopped my ticking :D

Damn lol, I'm going to try that next oil change. My Amsoil rep recommended the 5W-40 but hell I'm deleted so CJ-4 doesn't mean anything anymore.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Just as a precaution, I don't know if it's the oil or if my truck has another issue arising but my EGTs don't cool off as fast as they use to. This started the same time I changed my oil last so that is why I'm thinking it's the oil. In winter time, between -20C (-4F) to -30 (-22F) my EGTs use to drop down to about 300F and then continue to steadily drop in about 30 seconds to a minute. Now, I can let my truck idle for 10 minutes in the same temperature range and my EGTs will still be in the mid to high 300s.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Just as a precaution, I don't know if it's the oil or if my truck has another issue arising but my EGTs don't cool off as fast as they use to. This started the same time I changed my oil last so that is why I'm thinking it's the oil. In winter time, between -20C (-4F) to -30 (-22F) my EGTs use to drop down to about 300F and then continue to steadily drop in about 30 seconds to a minute. Now, I can let my truck idle for 10 minutes in the same temperature range and my EGTs will still be in the mid to high 300s.

I wonder if the No limit air intake will fix that? My intake will be here shortly. Soon find out I guess!

star73

Reaction score
Anyone have a 2015 with the tick? Mine has done it since new. Only 1300 miles

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Oil hasn't nothing to do with that. More than likely vanes on the turbo closing to keep the engine warm. The older trucks would all do this in extreme cold. The 7.3L had an exhaust back pressure valve specifically for this. It's coolant temperature and air intake temp related.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oil hasn't nothing to do with that. More than likely vanes on the turbo closing to keep the engine warm. The older trucks would all do this in extreme cold. The 7.3L had an exhaust back pressure valve specifically for this. It's coolant temperature and air intake temp related.
exactly!

sooo, 8° this morning when i fired up the truck and ticked like a bastard.. fired it up tonight after work not a single tick... it was 29°....... wtf over?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online