Farm Truck what to do

Dr Smoke

Reaction score
It has a suncoast (X2 due to intermediate failure)

I think I am going to give these turbos one more shot with some revised up pipes and may be invest in a high stall converter to help with the spooling.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If you want it to spool faster talk to Tadd about getting a 63mm vgt in the high pressure spot. I would also jump to a gt47 atmosphere turbo with a 88mm wheel. That's just me thou. My 63 spools fast and makes the truck a blast on the street. When or if I ever get my reg cab done it should be fun to drive.

Trips are cool but I bet its a gating nightmare and honestly we don't have enough good info from jon about his set up to validate it. Good compounds work well and aren't that hard to tune...

Good luck either way and glad to see you back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
2 66's for low pressures with a 71mm vgt as the high pressure should spool very fast in a trips set up.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
On the shelf? That may be a tough one. Think RCD has a lot of different stalls. Don't know too much about them though.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
max powers would honestly be the way to go, i personally like the 63mm so much that i would run a 82 from max powers and a 63 from high powers, i belive elite will send them out like that, i think they call them high power x, turbos, not for sure on that, hard to beat vgts for spool up.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I agree with Dustin, he did that on his black truck and it made 8xx with big injectors and pretty smoke free. Great for dd. I have a 62vgt with the high powers and you can't beat how fast these spool up.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
correct did 850 pretty smoke free and blast to drive. spin the tires at will and not black out a city block doing it, well maybe with tire smoke but not fuel smoke.

AllanB

Reaction score
11.1@129MPH with a 2.3 60 foot

I am trying but it is a work in progress. The truck still ways 6000 pounds

4 Link
Back dated brakes to 2004 F250 so I could fit a true slick and 16" rim

the truck tries to flip itself over need to change my spring rates side to side.
Need to drill the rims and screw the slicks because they are turning on the rim.

2.3 60'? Could be a good bit of time made by just finding a way to drop that 60' time. You must be doing pretty well on the other end to get it down to a 11.1 Not knocking ya, I have a 2wd Supercab. That is why I ask what you were doing for traction. I am going to relocate my batteries to the rear for some added weight back there, then start out with Caltracs next month, see how they do, and go from there. Thanks for the info on backdating the brakes. That will keep me from scratching my head trying to figure out how to make a fat slick work back there.

Wayne

Reaction score
Just to clear up a misconception, our 63 mm vgt is actually a 62 mm. Erik & dustin have the same size VGT turbo.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Just to clear up a misconception, our 63 mm vgt is actually a 62 mm. Erik & dustin have the same size VGT turbo.

My bad I know it spools fast. Favorite turbo I have ever had so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.