Feedback on Boost pressure

EvilTwins

Reaction score
to expand on that point D: when I'm testing I'm typically making steam and covering a lot of ground in a hurry.

Factoid; At 75 mph your covering approximately 46 yards/second. or about half the length of a football field. Not wise in my view to be staring at gauges and playing calculator.

A good perspective is traveling at 75 MPH in a 8000 lb truck is, equivalent to:

As you said, 46 yards per second or 110 feet per second and it takes the average person 1.6 seconds, or 176 ft, to look at a speedo who knows how long it takes to look at a DD but perception/reaction time is 2.6 seconds, so that is 286 feet after the OH CRAP that you actually do something.

also 75 mph is 1,503,799.392 lb feet of energy, find that on your torque wrench.

Good morning Dan, just figured I would join your thread like an A-hole.:morons:

Any time you are in my area, or I will make the trek up, we can compare numbers and settings. My truck is your truck. I usually leave the keys in the console......only at work.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
How are you guys datalogging with the DashDAQ? I haven't played with it too much but when I tried datalogging a few 1/4 mile runs it just gave me a graph with no actual numbers when I went to review the log. I didn't look into it further but I'm sure I did something wrong. LOL

Danbonzo

Reaction score
A good perspective is traveling at 75 MPH in a 8000 lb truck is, equivalent to:

As you said, 46 yards per second or 110 feet per second and it takes the average person 1.6 seconds, or 176 ft, to look at a speedo who knows how long it takes to look at a DD but perception/reaction time is 2.6 seconds, so that is 286 feet after the OH CRAP that you actually do something.

also 75 mph is 1,503,799.392 lb feet of energy, find that on your torque wrench.

Good morning Dan, just figured I would join your thread like an A-hole.:morons:

Any time you are in my area, or I will make the trek up, we can compare numbers and settings. My truck is your truck. I usually leave the keys in the console......only at work.

Rodger that, thank you. BTW welcome aboard. Bout time you got here :thumbsup:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
How are you guys datalogging with the DashDAQ? I haven't played with it too much but when I tried datalogging a few 1/4 mile runs it just gave me a graph with no actual numbers when I went to review the log. I didn't look into it further but I'm sure I did something wrong. LOL

You have to pull the log from your SD card on to your computer. You view it on Microsoft Excel.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You have to pull the log from your SD card on to your computer. You view it on Microsoft Excel.

Good to know, tried it too and had the same experience. I am in BFE so the only danger of looking at the DD is a one truck crash. ME! Will have to try that. Does it show as a data log file when looking at the contents on the SD card on the pc?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
It shows it like a chart. Everything is labeled, and you have the chart of numbers/readings below the labels. It's very simple and easy to read. Short logs are ideal. You will be surprised how much information you get out of a 10 second log. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I sure wish there was a way to change that, i usually just bring my laptop with me, pop in the sd card and check the graph. Like jeff said shorter the log the better, because it logs in milliseconds

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Yeah I'm usually just looking to datalog WOT 1/4 mile times anyways. Good to know. Looks like I'll be bringing my laptop to the track. :D Thanks guys.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I sure wish there was a way to change that, i usually just bring my laptop with me, pop in the sd card and check the graph. Like jeff said shorter the log the better, because it logs in milliseconds

That makes sense, didn't think about taking the laptop along to access it faster and can make adjustments there and run it again.

Latest posts

Members online