FFD Rail System

andharri

Reaction score
Except its not a free flow system.. the injector opens and closes. so when it is closed the pressure stays more consistent.

live life full throttle

When its closed, assuming all injectors are closed at the same time (and there are 8 of them), the whole HPO system has the same pressure because the volume isn't changing and there's no flow (closed system). No flow = no pressure change. Uninteresting situation and not useful for injection. More interesting and useful is maintaining pressure while the volume is changing and there is flow (during injection). This requires sufficient volumetric flow to meet the changing volume needs within the injector, which requires sufficient pumping and minimal loss through restrictions.

Most of the restrictions in the HPO system are in the injector (tiniest holes and passages). Most likely, adding a less significant restriction upstream (the FFD rail product) will not have a dramatic effect on flow. But it shouldn't have a beneficial impact for injection quality. Interested in seeing data that shows otherwise.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
When its closed, assuming all injectors are closed at the same time (and there are 8 of them), the whole HPO system has the same pressure because the volume isn't changing and there's no flow (closed system). No flow = no pressure change. Uninteresting situation and not useful for injection. More interesting and useful is maintaining pressure while the volume is changing and there is flow (during injection). This requires sufficient volumetric flow to meet the changing volume needs within the injector, which requires sufficient pumping and minimal loss through restrictions.

Most of the restrictions in the HPO system are in the injector (tiniest holes and passages). Most likely, adding a less significant restriction upstream (the FFD rail product) will not have a dramatic effect on flow. But it shouldn't have a beneficial impact for injection quality. Interested in seeing data that shows otherwise.
I believe that only 2 injectors out of the 8 fire simultaneously.

live life full throttle

Swaan

Reaction score
Except its not a free flow system.. the injector opens and closes. so when it is closed the pressure stays more consistent.

live life full throttle

Really. ?? Trust me , when the engine is running at 2000 rpm or more it's a free flow system.

When that one injector closes another opens. There is 8 of them.

Pop your valve covers off and rev your engine up to 2500 rpm watch all that oil coming out the spill spouts and when your finished wiping down all the oil off your fenders tell me again it's not a free flow system.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Only one is open at other times. But it still isnt a free flow design. As in the same pressure entering the injector isnt exiting at the same pressure. Its pissed out the injector spouts.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Really. ?? Trust me , when the engine is running at 2000 rpm or more it's a free flow system.

When that one injector closes another opens.

Pop your valve covers off and rev your engine up to 2500 rpm watch all that oil coming out the spill spouts and when your finished wiping down all the oil off your fenders tell me again it's not a free flow system.
I have done that. Its not free flow or there would be 2900psi of oil coming out of each injector spout..

live life full throttle

andharri

Reaction score
I have done that. Its not free flow or there would be 2900psi of oil coming out of each injector spout..

live life full throttle

It's essentially "free flowing" until the poppet closes or the plunger completely depresses preventing volume change and flow.

Swaan

Reaction score

live life full throttle

You know what I'm getting at. Of course it's not free flowing to the point of all the high pressure oil just venting out, truck would not even run if that was the case. Giving you a visual with valve covers off, you get the idea that it's free flowing enough .

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
attachment.php

Vek

Reaction score
This product is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. FFD, you are awarded zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Casserly

Reaction score
This product is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. FFD, you are awarded zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lol. I’m going to hell in a hand basket. No mercy needed.

I appreciate the “vote of confidence” from everyone. We’re compiling all the data and going to make some videos shortly to prove this isn’t the “dumbest thing” people have seen. Like someone said earlier, we wouldn’t put our rep on the line by not knowing it wouldn’t work for everyone.

We’ll make believers out of almost everyone. Some won’t, and that’s fine. Can’t please them all. But one things for certain, we’re still trying to push this ole 7.3 dinosaur just a little bit farther and harder down the road. :ford:

superpsd

Reaction score
Waiting for data as well. I honestly look at this product like another worthless money draining 7.3 part. Bigger injectors require more HPO. This modification does not add more oil. In the fact that a higher ICP and lower duty cycle is observed leads me to think that it is likely due to added restriction pre injector passages and the pressure drop inside the injector oil side is likely worse with this product installed at high oil demand.

The Brad

Reaction score
Having a PHD in quantum physics and fluid dynamics...not, my initial thought is: How is putting a brick in a toilet tank gonna help flush the big turds down? :flush:

superpsd

Reaction score
I just hope the testing has the variables removed from the equation as time and time again there are threads of turbo, injectors, hpop testing etc with no real strict testing. Also it's possible to have a test truck with bran new injectors that have been thoroughly tested to not leak down thru the upper poppet seat which would maintain pressure and go SEE IT WORKS when the majority are running rebuilt clapped out core injectors with shims shoved in compensate for worn out poppet valves that reduce spring preload and leak thru rhe upper seats when the oil is hot.... And many have found shims in their rebuilt FFD Injectors... just saying. A smaller hpop can keep up with correct tuning and quality set of injectors that don't nt bleed oil. Charles ran a set of 400/400s on a 15° stock pump back in the day if I recall. Of course dialed back likely to maintian ICP.

Last edited:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Oil threads just aren't the same without Chuckie and golfer and the terminator guy... What was his name?