FICM again.

Coposrv

Reaction score
Is it just bad batteries that will kill the FICM? I had my original FICM repaired by a company in July. It's now acting up again. I haven't checked voltage yet but I pulled a p6011 code. Has anyone used the replacement circuit board of rockauto?

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Just go with the bulletproof diesel unit and never worry about it again. They really aren't much more than a refurb. Just get the power supply side if nothing else...

Coposrv

Reaction score
Well. Truck died going into work today. Got up and cycled the glow plugs thre times at 5 this morning. Temps around 0F and not plugged in. She fired right up no signs of trouble. Idled for 10-15 minutes and drove easy for 20-30 mins. Getting on the highway she wouldn't rev past 2k without hesitation. Wouldn't go over 40-50. Started stumbling more and more then finally it shut off. Coasted in neutral for a minute. Started back up in neutral around 20mph. Drove ok for a few minutes but still wouldn't go over 50mph. Got to a safe spot and pulled over. Called AAA. While waiting on the side of the road I let it idle and it seemed ok for the hour or so. Shut it down while on the tow truck. When I got home she fired right up on the tow truck and drove into the driveway just fine.

Coposrv

Reaction score
I'm going to get the batteries tested and a scan gauge today and look everything over. I'm planning on changing the fuel filters. Giving her an oil change with rev x and talking to Ed at ficm repair. He sent me out a new unit 8 months ago and it ran great up until a few days ago. Any other thoughts?

Coposrv

Reaction score
It could be the FICM, but what voltage were you seeing? It could be a gelled fuel filter!

Haven't checked voltage yet. My multimeter and tools are stuck in my gang box an hour away. I'm in the GFs car heading to the shop. Pulling filters and giving it an oil change. Picking up a scan gauge as well for troubleshooting and piece of mind.

ken6881

Reaction score
I did a solder job on one back in June that wouldn't even start the truck it's still running strong today. If you want to try it there are some threads on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coposrv

Reaction score
Alright guys. Got home just now with everything I need. I hope. New fuel filters from the international dealer, 4 gallons of rotella synthetic. Some rev x and a scan gauge 2. Just looking over the scan gauge before I install it. Tomorrow temps will be nearing 40 so hopefully I can get this thing figured out and back on the road.

Coposrv

Reaction score
Swapped fuel filters this morning and the ones I pulled out were pretty nasty looking. Hooked up my scangauge and while cranking I have FLP at 11volts and FMP went down to 37.5. After letting it run for a few minutes FLP went up to 13-13.5 and FMP went to 43.5-47. I think the FICM is going but wasn't as bad as I thought. I'll take it for a drive when it gets up to temp and see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online