FICM and Hesitation issue

superdutyman97

Reaction score
I've been feeling a slight hesitation when I roll into the throttle. It's been doing it for a while now, even after I replaced the #1 injector. The injector cleared up some spooling issues and other headaches that I was fighting but the hesitation remained. It's only intermittent, sometimes it hesitates and sometimes it doesn't. The dash readout showed water in fuel the other night, so I checked the dtc's with my tuner(only thing I've got readily available) and it threw a P0611 FICM performance code. There was also a cam positioning sensor code. I've been paying a little more attention over the last few days and pulled the dtc's again when I got home about 1:30. Checked again because it hesitated severely when I left work and tried to get up with traffic, even after it had warmed up about 15 minutes. It doesnt seem to be starting any harder than it ever has so far Would a FICM going south cause these kind of symptoms? I know I need to check the ficm voltage, how do I do that?

Reaction score
Pull the small cover off the top. Witha volt meter positive lead othe last bolt to the furthest right(looking at it) and other lead on ground. Get someone to crank it..make sure you do not touch anything else with the positive leak other than the screw in the ficm.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
Pull the small cover off the top. Witha volt meter positive lead othe last bolt to the furthest right(looking at it) and other lead on ground. Get someone to crank it..make sure you do not touch anything else with the positive leak other than the screw in the ficm.

I appreciate the input, I'll have to tear into it soon. If I wasn't moving Saturday I'd do it then. Does it sound typical of an FICM issue? Or is it a typical problem with numerous causes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.