FICM is toast, I think?

Borcht Warrior

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have attached a short log that I pulled off my truck today from my Dashboss.

There are four lines on it,
See the legend on the right hand side of the chart. The left hand axis is voltage, FICM and ECU/ Battery are plotted against it. The right hand is Coolant Temp and Speed, not sure if these were needed.

At start up my battery voltage was down a little and then it picked up to a steady 13.5 - 13.8 V. The you can see that the FICM voltage is jumping all over the place.

What do you guys think, do I need to replace?

I went to the local dealer last night and got a price of about $800 for a replacement. I called back this morning and the price was $930 plus I have to book it in because they want to reflash it.

Is this the only way to get it replaced? I need the truck so I can't pull it and send to Swamp's for a repair and reflash. I would like to buy a replacement then send mine to Swamp's

Mdub707

Reaction score
Can he even get a 1/2 shell, we don't know what year truck he has and they only do 1/2 shells for 4 pin FICM's.

Just get it repaired, way cheaper than a new unit, which will only do the same thing down the road.

*On Edit, I see in his profile he has an 06 truck, so he could get a 4 pin half shell assuming it's never been swapped.

Borcht Warrior

Reaction score
Bad storms in West Virginia have knocked out power and most communication. Luckly the phones worked today at Holderdown's shop and Darren got me an update. Now just waiting on the "brown truck":walkin:

Borcht Warrior

Reaction score
Just an update, changed out FICM and evrything seems to running just fine. Special thanks to the guys at Holderdown Performance for hooking me up.

Now to send that old FICM out for some repairs and mods.

Latest posts

Members online