FICM issues

JustDiesel

Reaction score
Good evening all, having a no start issue on my wife's 2004 Ex. The truck has banks exhaust and Edge CTS monitor but other than that it remains stock at 162k. We were traveling home the other night and the truck lost power and died. Truck indicated about an eighth of a tank of fuel so I assumed I had run out of fuel, I was able to restart the truck after it came to a stop and I drove it about 400 yards into a fuel station. I left the truck running refueled and continued home. 10 minuets down the road truck lost power and died again. At this time I had no codes on the reader but the FICM voltage indicated 0 volts. No luck on a restart so AAA drove us home. Since coming home have checked batteries, checked all wiring harness and connectors on FICM, replaced fuel filters and all fuses and relays for fuel system and FICM. I now get inconsistent reading from the ficm either 0 or 47.5v. Truck still doesn't start and after replacing the 50w fuses under the dash I finally got the following codes. U0105, U0306, P0001, P0603, so basically the truck isn't communicating with the FICM as best as I understand it.. I just replaced this ficm 5 months ago, is there anything else I can check before I pull it and replace it again?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Where did you get the new FICM from? Could also be the FICM relay under the hood, but it's not common. If your FICM is reading 0 at times, it's obviously not going to start though. May just be loose wiring somewhere as well. I'd pull the FICM up and make sure the 3 big plugs on the bottom of it are SECURE.

JustDiesel

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I have already replaced the ficm relay and check all the wiring, contacted the diesel shop where I purchased the FICM, looks like truck will be down until the FICM can be repaired/replaced. Thanks for your help

webb06

Reaction score
What are you using the to measure the FICM voltage? If its on a scanner I would do it manually to double check. Remove the little inspection cover on the FICM and use a voltmeter. There's a video on YouTube of how to

Latest posts

Members online