FICM low voltage

Tinbanger

Reaction score
So I just installed a CTS monitor in my truck, and I was watching my FICM voltage and I saw it go down to 31 VOLTS while WOT! That doesn't seem right. It starts and drives great with no issue. Will this damage my injectors, or anything else?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Yes it will kill your injectors..... 31 is really bad. I would change it asap with an upgraded one. I run a 58v from quick tricks or you can get the half shell from a vendor here for 180 I think

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Zmann

Reaction score
make sure your battery voltage isn't dropping at the same time

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Normal driving it stays between 46 and 49. Just when I get on it hard, is when it drops like that.

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Do you have experience with any of the FICM shells from the vendors on this site? Are most shells the same? Or which would you suggest?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I think the guy who sells them is thunderstruck but don't really remember. I run a quick tricks one in mine and its a good deal....lifetime warranty and decently priced

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Stroker04

Reaction score
You can also send it out to a FICM repair shop. They will fix them relatively cheap and usually come back with a lifetime warranty as well.

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, ill try to stay out of the throttle unit I get this fixed. There is a Bulletproof diesel about twenty minutes from my house. Maybe I can get a good deal there.

Zmann

Reaction score
your good deal will Be no shipping $ But paying TAX LOL

Zmann

Reaction score
Cheap ? the lifetime is just paying in advance to fix it again

$195 - Basic service with a 45 day warranty.

$225 - Basic service with a ONE YEAR warranty (your extra money is just buying the warranty)

$325 - Premium service with a TWO YEAR warranty

$425 - Premium service with a LIFETIME warranty (again, your extra money is just buying the warranty)

doubledrop

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, ill try to stay out of the throttle unit I get this fixed. There is a Bulletproof diesel about twenty minutes from my house. Maybe I can get a good deal there.

They have the best FICM around but it has a price tag to go with it. Although its def worth it

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can just have it repaired... I haven't seen any issues with any that I've repaired after...

Zmann

Reaction score
BPD only sells u the power supply side = no reprogramming necessary

unless you upgrade your repairs at say FICM.com your just as likley to have a failure as you are with a new OEM power supply

Repair Choices - warranties ranging from 45 days to as long as you own the truck!

We offer two different repair options on the hardware side - a basic service and a premium service.

The Basic service uses OEM grade components (NEVER just a re-solder job). For this service, we determine the issue with the module, replace the dead, dying, out-of-spec, or heat damaged parts with new OEM-grade components, test the module, and ship it back out. Of course, the use of OEM-grade parts sounds great until you realize that you are having this issue to begin with. Welcome to the basis for our Premium service!

The Premium service uses components that are of dramatically higher grade than the OEM components. Here again, we NEVER just do a re-solder job. As with the basic service, we determine the issue with the module, and replace the dead, dying, or heat damaged parts. The key difference is the use of the much higher-end components that have higher temperature ratings, higher power-handling ratings, etc. combined with the replacement of any components tested that don't test out as if they were new, basically going even further to resolve the original design challenges of the module.

Zmann

Reaction score
ask them how much to install

maybe you'll get lucky like I did

with the rain coming you don't want to do this for your first time outside

Mine was in 110 degree heat ,, they helped Me avoid that problem altogether

Latest posts

Members online